Same device twice in Google Play

vuchel

May 16, 2012
Hello I have had trouble for three days with my Tablet: "Acer Iconia A500". After the update to ICS (4.0.3), the tablet keeps crashing constantly. After googling I found out that

too many apps could be the reason. So I reseted (a few times) my tablet.

The problem:

I want to install an app via my browser on my pc. For all the bought apps I get the message "installed" (this means it is installed on the tablet I put back to manufacter settings.)

On the tablet I can install the app. But games I bought I can only install the free version. If I click on the button already paid, I get the message (translated from dutch): "your

order is beeing taken care of, you can use it in a few minutes" but nothing happens.

If I look in my pc webbrowser to orders and devices the same tablet is twice in the list. How can I remove this?

Please help me, thanks in advance

Ingrid

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

You cannot remove devices from the Play Store. I have 6 of my TF101's, and I have only had 2! The build.prop file has been different based on different ROMs I have run. The only option is to hide or don't show in menus. You cannot delete it from your list, but you can hide it so it does not show up.

vuchel

May 16, 2012
Yes that i know (and did already with the "old" configuration of my tablet) But how i install then again paid games? if google says that they are still installed on my reseted tablet. Some games you can only use on one device (the same problem with the free lookout) and because they are already "installed" i can't reinstall them on the same tablet.

Thanks for your answer

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi vuchel, I think the problem is that you are trying to install the apps from your computer. If you have ever installed an app the Play Store is going to tell you it is installed when you look at the list with a pc browser. There are different kinds of "resets" for tablets. Some only reboot the device usually called a "reset" and some completely clean the whole device and take all apps and data off the device which is normally called a "factory reset."

If you have done a proper factory reset you should only see the apps that the tablet came with right out of the box. In this case make sure you are logged into your Google account (Settings>Accounts & sync>Google). Now try and visit the Google play store Menu>Accounts and make sure your Google account is showing. Then try using the download button (next to menu and search it looks like a down arrow with a line under it) and see if any apps are listed as installed. If you have done a factory reset only the apps that came on the tablet should be there. Now swipe from right to left to see the All apps tab. This should be a list of all the apps you have ever installed and you can pick from this list which ones you want to reinstall to your device.

JP

vuchel

May 16, 2012
Hello J515OP,
thanks for your answer.

I reseted again to factory settings (settings--> back-up and reset--> factory reset, my translation from dutch to english).
Not only the pre-installed apps shows up in Google play (and in settings --> apps) . A few apps that i uninstalled months ago shows now up on my tablet ^^

If i swipe in Google play to all apps, i see indeed a list of apps that i can install. The problem is with a few freemium games (from G5 Entertainment) ( i have read the help on the forum of G5 and did what they said: reset factory-->install free game--> click button already bought) but that doesn't work. I think because the games show up in google play (on the pc browser) as still installed (i suppose on the factory reseted tablet).

It is difficult to explain because it is one tablet, but twice in google play.

Thanks in advance,

Ingrid