samsumg galaxy tab2 10.1 all new to me.

joanddi

Oct 15, 2012
I have download some movies , and can't play them. Someone suggested a video converter or player. It says you need Windows or MAC.
I am a gadget novice and don't really no what I'm doing. Also the brightness on my screen keeps coming and going, I have it set on auto.. please help... :)
:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Joan, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 forum for you, where more people with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
Joan, head to the Google play store and try Wondershare. It gives you the option to control volume and brightness with on screen sliders plus it gives a very good video playback. I tried several video players and found this one the most constant in playback quality plus it disables the power save mode

PS remove the tick mark in "auto" box in the brightness setting that pop up in the right hand corner of the tab

Last edited:

joanddi

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks for that will try..I feel like a fish out of water with all the technology.. lol..
Cheers again :)

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
You could try VLC player from Google play too, excellent, plays almost everything you throw at it!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Don't you need Windows or MAC to use it ???
:)

The suggestions for the players above are for the media player on the tablet. So no, a PC or Mac is not required but you do need to have the video in a format the suggested players can play. Take a look at your device specifications to see what the default player formats are and look at the description of the suggested apps to see what formats they can play.

If you can't find the format of the movies you have downloaded (their file type) in the list of supported formats then you will need to convert the movie files you downloaded. There are many programs that do this and they will require a PC or a Mac. You can checkout our Supporting Vendors for more information and instructions on how to use file conversion software. Many users here have had great success with DVD Catalyst.

JP

joanddi

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks for all the help and support guys... much appreciated...I'm sure I will need more help in the near future.. lol..
:)

joanddi

Oct 15, 2012
Hi all its me again.. help needed
I have just bought an external SD card, and have put a couple of movies on and some music... if I want to remove the card do I need to unmount it or just take it out ???
Confused.com
:S

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
Rather unmount the SD card

Settings> Storage>SD card and then select "unmount SD Card"

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You should always properly eject to avoid corruption which means unmounting or powering down before physically removing the sd card.

thattabguy

Jan 2, 2013
You could try VLC player from Google play too, excellent, plays almost everything you throw at it!

I use VLC player and I truly love it. Much more stable than some others.

You should always properly eject to avoid corruption which means unmounting or powering down before physically removing the sd card.

I've never heard of powering down my device to unmount an SDCard, just unmount from settings and when it gives you the "ok", just remove it.

nick789uk

May 23, 2011
HI just a quick question here I play movies from my SD card before the last update just put the card in and turned the tab on went to the movie player which came with the tab and there they were ready to play, now I find that if I remove the SD card or replace with another the movies do not aurtomaticaly show themselves and |I have to do a search for them any letter will do then search and after a while the movies show up, any help on what is going on here.