Samsung Aikido Move with Ad Turns Apple Lawsuit Into Marketing Win in Australia

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
galaxy-tab-apple-appreciation-ad.jpg

Samsung is turning Apple's own strategy against themselves with a new marketing campaign in Australia. They took direct aim at Apple with their new ad campaign and are turning the failed Apple lawsuit into a marketing victory. As you can see from the pic above, they are calling the Australian Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, "The Tablet that Apple Tried to Stop."

The ad ran in the Sun-Herald this week. For even more of "a sting" to Apple, shortly after this ad ran, Samsung Australia's mobile head, credited Apple's lawsuits for making the Galaxy Tab a "household name." He said, "At the end of the day the media awareness certainly made the Galaxy Tab 10.1 a household name compared to probably what it would've been based on the investment that we would've put into it from a marketing perspective." He further added that demand is expected to outpace the supply, which is better than they were expecting before the courtroom drama.

BANG! I think I just heard the sound of a car backfiring...

Now, if we can just get some more victories like this throughout the rest of the lawsuit debacle, then everyone, including Apple, can go back to doing what they do best... creating cool technology!

Source: GalaxyTabForums.net via Engadget

poripol

Dec 17, 2011
Android is unlike any other mobile development platform or Java-based environment. *Triple Bottom Line’s Android webinar *will immerse students in the Android platform, leveraging their existing Java expertise, and allowing them to walk away from the class ready to build Android GUIs and related components.On the first class you will write your first Android Activities. Through the rest of the week you will be progressively introduced to more and more of what Android has to offer – services, multitouch, and system search services. You will apply this knowledge with working code every step of the way. Be ready to work hard and learn a lot in this intensive, hands-on, five day introduction to programming with the Android platform.

mcmanly

Dec 15, 2011
As an Australian,I was in New Zealand as the case progressed, and thought "Aple hates it,must be good", so I bought one there. A lawyer friend says there must be some merit in tye case, but as a non-lawyer, all I can say is that Apple made a mess of it pr-wise with their look and feel nonsense. Anyhow, I'm happy!