Samsung announces the launch of the Samsung GALAXY Tab

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dandroid, Sep 2, 2010.

1. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

The following is the entire press release

2. freeder

freeder Member

Looks like it has all the qualities we hope to see. Can't wait to see how it perform.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

3. jsuber

jsuber Member

Look forward to the price. I saw where their Windows 7 Tablet is $799 but this should be a lot cheaper.

4. jsuber

jsuber Member

5. lustfuljayb

lustfuljayb Member

I cant wait to get my greddy little hand on one. Since it will be in the uk first,we in the usa, should have one by dec or early jan. It willl probaly be priced around 499.99 price point. It looks like they have a winner.

6. DroidUser84

DroidUser84 Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Incredible and Apple iPad
    I'm very curious to see one myself too. Thing is though, I feel like if it takes till the end of the year for it to appear, we may very well have much better Tablets out at that point and this may not do as well as expected. Realistically I would say this thing needs to be released in the US market this month to really do well. But we'll see, who knows...

7. lustfuljayb

lustfuljayb Member

Maybe the reason the uk,is first is because their not sure how the usa buyer will respond, remember in the us,the iuknowwhat,is king.and i guess the uk,would be a better sample market. And probably,will stand a chance to get a foothold, we know that evan before this device is release.everyone here will be calling it the iuknow what killer.whick i don't understand why it has to be a killer,can't it just be judge on it on meriot. Ok,i'll get off my soap box.

8. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

As things currently stand it seems Samsung has already announced a suggested retail prices of SEK 9,000 in Sweden including VAT, which works out to about $1,240 (or $930 without VAT).

Personally, I can't see Samsung pricing the Galaxy Tab above what's being asked for an entry-level iPad.

Ideally: Galaxy Tab 16gb/US 299.99... Galaxy Tab 32gb US 399.99.

We'll See Soon Enough...

9. AndroidIsTheTruth

AndroidIsTheTruth Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus One, Neuxs Tablet (in my dreams)
    It doesn't appear by these specs that it supports AT&T 3g service. Kind of a bummer. Doesn't have the 850mHz band.

10. pbelfi

pbelfi Member

I hope your right with your pricing predictions! To be honest with you, if they want to compete with the iPad, they're going to have to come close to that price point....the thing that worries me is that once these US cell providers get their teeth into this tablet...they are going to lock you in...and we all know what a pain that can be!!! They should do something similar to the iPad, where they have a wifi and a wifi/3g model....It seems like there has been a rash of pretty compelling Android tablets this week...the other interesting one to me is the new Archos Archos unleashes five (five!) new Android Froyo tablets, we go hands-on -- Engadget the thing that I'm not to thrilled with this one, is that you don't have access to the Google Marketplace for apps....I'm not sure if that's a major issue though...your thoughts?

11. fergusfog

fergusfog Member

Expansys are offering these for about £650, and nobody's offering it for less than £600.

Are these guys serious? Nobody's going to buy this device for that price. :-(

12. hfksdkf

hfksdkf Member

Tablet / Device:
    IPAD
    i just want to say does samsung tablet really regard that their tablet can compare with ipad. to me, i think if u really want ur products to be popular, i think, first,u should make the appearance wonderful, then i thiink resolution ratio is important too. people all like to buy apple products. not only becuase the performance, but also they think it represents the fashion, what u guys think..