Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Available for Preorder in the U.S. Now for $499.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-101-preorder-US-JR.jpeg

With all the attention lately focused on the Google Nexus 7 tablet, there were some other tablet launches that got forgotten a little bit. One perfect example is the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android tablet. It is now available for pre-order on some online U.S. third party retail sites. This tablet sits squarely in the high-end category at $499.99, and attempts to take on the iPad directly. Even though this is named after the Galaxy Note "phablet" it is more than just an enlarged version of that device. In some ways it is a surprisingly superior product to the iPad. Here's a spec breakdown of this impressive and powerful device:
  • 10.1 1280 x 800 pixel display
  • 1.4 GHz Samsung Exynos quad-core processor
  • 802.11n WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.0
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 2MP front-facing camera and a 5MP rear camera.
  • Measures 10.1″ x 6.9″ x 0.35″ and weighs about 1.3 pounds
  • Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich
  • S-Pen functionality to use the included digital pen with the tablet
What do you guys think? That Quad-Core Exynos is a nice surprise, as is the included S-Pen. For folks looking at the high-end tablet, this seems like a great choice.

You can pre-order the device at several online retailers here: Google.

Source: UnWiredView

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I'm actually very excited about this tablet, if they can include robust handwriting recognition I'm in.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I'm ready for a10" tablet and I was waiting for the big note specs. to come out...I was hoping for a better screen because at that price he has to contend, in my mind, with the asus infinity . I would use it first of all to watch movies and such,no TV addicts in my home !!