Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Won't Charge

ambear4

Apr 2, 2014
I am also unable to charge my tablet. I just purchased it last night and this morning when I plugged it in to charge it has a red x and says the device is discharging in the about device menu. I have the grey Samsung Note 10.1 and I bought it at a Best Buy.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Take it back. If they can't show you that it's charging or why it isn't they should exchange it on the spot.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Sounds to me like you are not using the original factory charger. I just bought a note 10.1 on craigslist. No charger was included. I tried all my other 2.1 amp tablet chargers and got the red x over the battery icon when plugged in. When I used my wifes note charger it worked fine. I went to Walmart and picked up a griffin PowerBlock- Fast charger part number NA38609. This works perfectly. If you are using the original charger your cable might be bad. Plus tablets wont charge well with a regular phone charger or usb port on computer.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I have found that on ocassions the samsung does a battery recondition charge which will take at least 24 hours. Leave your tablet plugged and turned off. This generally solves the issue.

BillyTexas

Oct 18, 2016
My note 10.1 stopped talking a charge. I replaced the battery with a new one...still doing the same. Any other suggestions?

Bill W.