Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 strangeness

djl47

May 5, 2012
Over the past few weeks my Galaxy Tab would load pages slowly and eventually become non responsive to touch. I would cycle the power and it would again become non responsive. I suspected malware but found no evidence of this. I eventually went through the settings and turned off the power saver mode. Since then I have not seen the glacial page loads and it has not gone unresponsive. Has anyone else observed this?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Probably an issue with it coming out of power saver mode. Is it wifi only gtab?

djl47

May 5, 2012
Droid-Xer said:
Probably an issue with it coming out of power saver mode. Is it wifi only gtab?

Wifi only. The lockups occured while I was browsing and trying to scroll a page or click a link.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Using the stock browser? Try clearing cache. Settings/apps/all/browser/clear cache.

Gear42

Feb 21, 2012
Try switching to some other browser (e.g. FireFox) and see if you still see the slowness.

djl47

May 5, 2012
I tried the alpha test version of Firefox for tablets and was disappointed. There was no obvious way to get rid of the sidebar and font rendering was fugly. What other browser choices are there? The system hasn't seized up since I disabled that power saving mode. I still get acceptable battery life and the system is quicker about rendering pages.