Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Touchscreen Isn't Responding

Oct 26, 2012
Hello. I am new here. I had my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for quite a while now and it's been working good before. But now the touchscreen is unresponsive and everytime I turn it off, it turns right back on again. I also noticed that my memory usage on the tablet is mostly used. Would that be the case of the problem? Please reply, and thanks for your help.

Oct 26, 2012
Also When I press the power button to turn the tablet off, when it gives you options like Silent Mode, Flight Mode, and Shut Down and Cancel, There is a green line around the Silend Mode, and I cant press it. What does that mean?

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Soft reboot: Power + VolumeUp.

Back up your tab, if issue still persist.
Delete some unused apps, and factory data reset.
Note: Factory reset will delete all your data.

Oct 26, 2012
now everytime i try to turn it off, it turns right back on, so i cant fully turn it off, also when it loads if a message box shows up, and it ask to click ok or cancel, there is a blue line around the ok button and i cant touch it, nor can i touch the screen. also when i try to shut it down, a green line is around the silent mode button. What does this mean?

rella

Jan 21, 2013
Hello. I am new here. I had my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for quite a while now and it's been working good before. But now the touchscreen is unresponsive and everytime I turn it off, it turns right back on again. I also noticed that my memory usage on the tablet is mostly used. Would that be the case of the problem? Please reply, and thanks for your help.

If the touch screen is unresponsive, it might be the screen issue. You may have to replace the screen with a new Galaxy Tab 10.1 digitizer touch screen. Hope this can help you. Good luck!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Try going into SETTINGS.

Then try to FORCE CLOSE the apps you're not currently using.

Explain what you mean by "hanged"!

Is it giving you just a blank screen? No little green robot?

If it is what I think it is, you going to have to take it to a Samsung shop.

OR

By a microSD. Go to Xda-developers website/forum. Search through the forums for symptoms like yours.

But you will need to download a jellybean.zip file. You'll have to search for the correct file. Copy it on to the microSd and rename it to "update".
Make sure your tablet is off.
Insert card into external microSD slot and boot tablet into recovery mode.
After 30m - 1hour your tablet will be back to the way it was when you bought it.

Make sure you follow the instruction explicitly - there are many posts on the correct file to use and how to reinstall the OS. The above is just an outline.