Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Bluetooth Keyboard Won't Work

Z8Bevs

Jan 9, 2014
Hello all,

Thanks for having me here, this is my first time posting on this site. I recently purchased a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 from Sprint as they're running a deal and they're cheap. I'm using the tablet for my startup company, we will be using it for route delivery. In order to make things more efficient when visiting customers and placing orders, I purchased a MoKo Bluetooth Keyboard Cover Case from Amazon. I also purchased a Zebra RW420 mobile receipt printer that I have already gotten to connect via Bluetooth with the tablet. However, when I try to use the Bluetooth keyboard that is already paired with the device, it does not work. I've tried factory resetting, unpairing/repairing, etc. Just typical troubleshooting protocol. I know my issue is not with the keyboard as it connects to other Android devices, such as my phone which is a Galaxy S4 and my buddy's tablet by NVIDIA; both are running Android 4.3 while I'm stuck at 4.2.2 on the Tab 3.

I literally JUST bought the device; should I return it and get something else? I got it because it was cheap and I'll only be using it for work so it doesn't have to be spectacular. Is it worth it to root the device as opposed to doing the latter? Are there any risks I have to worry about with rooting that could affect my deliveries (i.e. the device bricks)? Do I have any other options besides what I mentioned? Will I still be able to connect to Sprint's network even after it is rooted? I've been researching all night and the only thing I've really found was that 4.2.2 broke Bluetooth for a lot of devices and that the only way out of 4.2.2 on the Galaxy Tab 3 is to root it. I took it to Sprint and they said that since I'm within the first 14 days I can return it if I'm not satisfied but other than that there's nothing they can do.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you all.

realsis

Sep 19, 2011
Hi I just purchased a new gallaxy tab 3 t217t as well and I have a bluetooth keyboard as well. Mine is working perfectly. Is your keyboard charged fully? It might be a problem with the keyboard itself and not your device. My keyboard hooked up right away without ANY problem at all and works like a charm. Have you tried other bluetooh items with your tablet? It also might be that your particular tablet Tablet is defective. Just exchange it for a new one. I know this tablet is perfectly capable of using the bluetooth keyboards easily and without issues because I use mine all the time. Ive had zero problems. Once it was paired it now hooks up automatically when I turn on both devices to use it. Pairing was simple hookup was fast and easy. If you think its not the ketboard then exchange. Just so you know the tabllets work flawlessly with the keyboard so you might look into a warentee exchange. Hope this helps