Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Launches for $400 On November 13th

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Oct 24, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

The new refresh of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus will hit store shelves on November 13h for $399.99. It has been confirmed for several retailers, including Best Buy, Amazon, and Tiger Direct. It's a bit on the pricey side, but actually has some beefy specs and some unique features that make it tempting anyway. Here's a recap:
    • Android Honeycomb
    • 7-inch display with a 1024 x 600-pixel resolution
    • 16GB of storage
    • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
    • Built-in infrared capabilities that will allow users to control their home theater and TV setup directly from the tablet
    That last feature seems like the most intriguing reason to consider it. Here's the press release.
    Source: GalaxyTabForums.net and GalaxyForums.net[/url[

2. Yodaman

Yodaman Member

Tablet / Device:
    LG Optimus S
    While I can appreciate Samsung’s valiant attempt at the 7.0” market, they seemed to ignore the pricing implications of the Amazon Kindle Fire. In my humble opinion I think Samsung may want to re-visit their marketing strategy. Amazon’s Kindle Fire and Acers A100 make it difficult to swallow a $399 price point.

3. Tom T

Tom T Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Hauwei S7
    Hard to say really, even at that price I would likely choose it over either of the others, although I really need to see what kind of battery life we are talking about. My current 7'' Galaxy Tab has been a trouble free traveling companion for some time.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

4. AndroidIsTheTruth

AndroidIsTheTruth Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus One, Neuxs Tablet (in my dreams)
    What a rip off if you ask me. Samsung feeling themselves a little too much. Although I do like their progress in the mobile department.

5. Tom T

Tom T Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Hauwei S7
    Not sure what the problem is, the one thing I love is choice and Samsung is giving us a little more. The more models and choices, not just 4 or 5 companies putting out basically the exact same device, the better. Samsung is offering multiple screen size choices to consumers and that is a great thing. With Asus giving us unique capabilties in their tablet offerings, Sony entering the field, I see an exciting future for Android tablet fans.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

6. AndroidIsTheTruth

AndroidIsTheTruth Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus One, Neuxs Tablet (in my dreams)
    I only say this is a off because I can get quality name brand at a 10.1 screen at the same price. $399 for an upgraded Galaxy Tab is honestly too much. And it's not even running HC.

7. Yodaman

Yodaman Member

Tablet / Device:
    LG Optimus S
    Competition is excellent in the market place and competition should drive prices down, and that is exactly the impact the Amazon Kindle Fire has. While the Fire doesn’t run Honeycomb, is does provided competition to a market that just regurgitates a 10”’ tablet in a 7” for factor and expects the consumer to purchase it for the same price. Samsung seems to have ignored market forces. Same thing happened to the HTC Flyer and we know how many they have sold. The market seems to love the $199 price point for a 7” tablet. How many Fires are projected to sell, 5 million in its first quarter?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yodaman

Yodaman Member

Tablet / Device:
    LG Optimus S
    The difficult thing for manufactures is it probably cost close to the same to produce a 7” as a 10” tablet.