Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks....I was looking for a sub forum for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3.2 Honeycomb. Is there one? Can we make one?

jmtheron

Feb 1, 2012
Got one in my hands it feels so good:)
But on a serious note it is a awsome tablet to have.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Got one in my hands it feels so good:)
But on a serious note it is a awsome tablet to have.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Android Tablet Forum

I just picked one up myself to replace my original 7" Galaxy Tab. For me it is the perfect size and incredibly fast, I couldn't be happier.
I am wondering if it can use the original keyboard dock, any idea?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
To answer my own question the P6210 can't, maybe the original P6200 could because the width might fit the dock. Luckily not a big deal to me because for heavy data input i use my docked Transformer.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
for those that have the 7'' tab, would you consider upgrading to 8.9'' or is that too big?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
For me, although the 8.9 is a nice tablet, it wasn't significantly smaller than the 10'' models, or I should say it is closer in class to the 10'' than 7''. My 7'' is extremely easy to carry around and fits into my large inside pocket of my jacket. It is also quite comfortable to hold and read with, which I simiply wouldn't do with my Transformer.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Maybe gal tab 7.7 then? For some reason I think 7'' is just a tad too.small...but then again, I'm currently staring at a 4'' screen :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The 7.7 has it's superAMOLED display going for it, but I think it is a 3g/4g device and the concept of a tablet on contract just seems wrong to me. If available off contract for under $450 I would consider it. If money is not an issue I would definately consider it as well.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just had to add the battery life of the 7 Plus is impressive, read a test and with wifi on, screan brightness at 65% it played video for over 8 hours. I always felt the Acer a100 would have been a near perfect 7" tablet (I still think it is a great device) if not for the shorter battery life. This thing is astounding, running a dual core proc @ 1.2gh and the included infrared remote with software I am in heaven....until at least the 7.7 actually hits (if it is affordable and available wifi only) or the quad core 7" Asus.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I just saw today at Best Buy this 7" ,I think it was, Samsung galaxy, that's the one you are talking about, Tom? I was looking at it because it looked like it had iCs configuration and I think it said WiFi and3g.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It doesn't have ics yet, it is just Samsungs skinned version of Honeycomb, but in this case they did a pretty good job, especially getting Honeycomb to work really nicely on a machine that is mainly used in portrait mode.
I paid $320 for it, including a 16gig microSD card so I figured I really couldn't go wrong.
Funny, I was avtually out looking around to play with a Galaxy Note, but noone in my area had them in stock...which was ok because I'm still under contract and couldn't afford one off contract anyway:)