Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" - Remove Gmail Account Without Factory Reset

Block

Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys,
I am a standard computer / tablet user. I would say I am very good with technology. I can get out of jams, setup a basic network of my office, sync devices, etc. But that's as far as it goes. I am absolutely not a computer guy. I just use them. Ok, I say this first because I don't think I want to root my tablet, which is one way I've researched that I can remove the account, but maybe I do? I love the way my tablet operates now, I just want to remove an old gmail account, and I am worried about a factory reset and having to configure my tablet all over again. Can someone help me with this?
Thank you,
Sal

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
In what sense do you want to remove the gmail account? You can do into settings and prevent the account from syncing or remove it there but you need some sort of account to use the google market. If it is just a matter of replacing one account with another, you can do that trough settings. If you are looking to somehow completely remove the google account and not have one at all it may cause other issues with apps and services. It is better to leave it on there even if you are not using it.

pavijay

Jul 20, 2012
Hey guys,
I am a standard computer / tablet user. I would say I am very good with technology. I can get out of jams, setup a basic network of my office, sync devices, etc. But that's as far as it goes. I am absolutely not a computer guy. I just use them. Ok, I say this first because I don't think I want to root my tablet, which is one way I've researched that I can remove the account, but maybe I do? I love the way my tablet operates now, I just want to remove an old gmail account, and I am worried about a factory reset and having to configure my tablet all over again. Can someone help me with this?
Thank you,
Sal

open the Menu, go to Settings option, then Account & sync, move to your account right under Manage accounts. Click your account and you’ll see Data & Synchronization tab. Move down to the bottom and you’ll see Remove account. Then it will hint this “Do you really want to remove this account? Removing it will also delete all……”. If you have backup the data (Contacts, SMS etc), then just hit “Remove account”. Depending on different cases, it will pop out a message warning “This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults(which delete all your personal data)……” Then back to Settings -> Privacy -> Personal data -> Factory data reset. Click Reset Phone option and Erase everything. Then your phone will restart again and back to factory settings. Note: all your phone internal memory files (such as Contacts, SMS, Call log etc.) will gone, while the external memory stuff on your sd card will remain intact

dodda

Mar 24, 2013
open the Menu, go to Settings option, then Account & sync, move to your account right under Manage accounts. Click your account and you’ll see Data & Synchronization tab. Move down to the bottom and you’ll see Remove account. Then it will hint this “Do you really want to remove this account? Removing it will also delete all……”. If you have backup the data (Contacts, SMS etc), then just hit “Remove account”. Depending on different cases, it will pop out a message warning “This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults(which delete all your personal data)……” Then back to Settings -> Privacy -> Personal data -> Factory data reset. Click Reset Phone option and Erase everything. Then your phone will restart again and back to factory settings. Note: all your phone internal memory files (such as Contacts, SMS, Call log etc.) will gone, while the external memory stuff on your sd card will remain intact

Hi pavijay
I don't want to change the gmail account, however i want to be disconnected. Because, my gmail account any how always connected so my friends always see me on their Gtalk. So they refer I am online.

I want that I will only be connceted via Gmail/gtalk only when i wish to. Please advise how to do that.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Hi pavijay
I don't want to change the gmail account, however i want to be disconnected. Because, my gmail account any how always connected so my friends always see me on their Gtalk. So they refer I am online.

I want that I will only be connceted via Gmail/gtalk only when i wish to. Please advise how to do that.

Open the app called TALK on your tablet. Tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and choose Sign Out

In my experience, this is all it takes. It does not sign me in on reboot unless I go manually sign in unless I was signed in before the reboot. You can check the app settings to see if it has an automatically sign in on your version, but I could not find one on the version I am running

Mohd Sadiq

Oct 14, 2014

Dear Sir,
My gmail ID which i am using in my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2 was deleted and now i want to add new that i can update and download all my services...

Jeffrey

Super Moderator
Jul 27, 2014
Just download the Gmail App from the Play Store and you should be good to go...

Mohd Sadiq

Oct 14, 2014
Just download the Gmail App from the Play Store and you should be good to go...
Dear Sir,
i am not able to download or update any thig now as i have changed my Gmail ID.
Its asking to update GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES and when i want to update, it shows me the error..

Update for "google play services" could not be downloaded due to an error.(Error while retrieving information from server)[RPC:S-7:AEC-7]

Please help to solve the issue...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Do you see your tablet identified if you use a browser to log into the Play Store? The account you use to log into the Play Store must be the same as the one you used on the tablet.