Samsung Galaxy Tab off to great start, 600,000 units sold

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

Samsung was the first 'tier 1' hardware manufacturer to offer some legitimate competition to the Apple iPad in our opinion. According to the Korean Herald, they've sold 600,000 units globally in the first month of availability. I wouldn't quite call that a smashing success, but I would go so far as to say that sales were brisk and probably exceeded the expectations of a lot of people out there.

Samsung was very smart in the fact that they put all the hardware necessary to work on almost every carrier out there. You can get a Verizon version, an AT&T version, a Sprint version and a T-Mobile version. Then there are all the overseas carriers that it will work with as well.

Also, don't forget - we have a full section for the Samsung Galaxy Tab here as well: Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
Now could you imagine if some marketing genius convinced the bean counters to drop a WIFI only model for $399? They would have sold 4x that in the first month.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Now could you imagine if some marketing genius convinced the bean counters to drop a WIFI only model for $399? They would have sold 4x that in the first month.

I agree. I think it's important for the other tablet makers to worry about market share, not necessarily profit on their first entrant.