Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 wireless stream to TV

simplyme82

Sep 18, 2011
I had been looking for a way to stream music/video from anything in my house to my surround sound and came across a product called LG TV Upgrader. Basically, this product connects to your wireless network and tv and supposedly is able to pull things from anything connected on your network. It also has an app market, and premium apps like Netflix, Pandora, YouTube and many more. I already had this feature on my surround sound. As I said, I bought this product simply for the fact that I can stream music/video from anything connected to my network to my surround sound.

After I connected the Upgrader and configured the network settings, I saw that my computers automatically popped up. It even saw my printer. It didn't see my tablet or my phone which were also both on the network.

For my phone, I downloaded a program called iMediaShare. I did not have to do any configuring after download. I simply launched it, and refreshed my list on the TV Upgrader and was able to start pulling video/music/pictures from my phone to my TV. I haven't taken a look at the list, but I believe it plays most formats.

For my tablet, I downloaded a program called Twonky. I really wanted iMediaShare because it has good reviews and worked beautifully, but they don't have an app for Honeycomb at the moment. Twonky gives you a 14 day trial. I haven't looked to see how much the product costs after the trial. Either way, this program required a little configuration. I had to set up the tablet as the server and select the files that would be shared (pictures/music/video). I did another refresh on my TV Upgrader and there it was. I was then able to stream anything from my galaxy.

I hope all this makes sense and that someone is able to use the information I have provided. If you have a similar setup, please share your experience.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet using Android Tablet Forum

simplyme82

Sep 18, 2011
Also for the TV Upgrader, in order to connect it to my laptop, I had to give my user name a password. When trying to connect it has you enter the CIFS information to your computer. It would not take my username without a password. After I assigned a password, it connected with no problems. A minor pain in the butt because I shouldn't have to assign a password, but it works just as it should now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Colindonell

Jan 25, 2016
I have came across a device known as Prijector that supports complete mirroring of iPad/iPhone, Windows, Linux, Android Devices, Blackberry to a TV without connecting messy wires. I am pity much sure you will all love it. You can check it here prijector dot com