Samsung Note 8.0 Video Problem

bstewartmd

Aug 23, 2013
My Samsung Note 8.0 is able to play some MP4 videos that I created earlier but some do not play and give an error message "Sorry, the video cannot be played. I created a new video with two different tools to convert a DVD into an MP4 file and with both tools I get that same message. However, that same MP4 file does play on my Motorola Xoom with no problem. Some MP4 videos play fine on the Note but others do not. The ones that do not play on the Note do play on a Xoom. Any thoughts on how I fix this so all the videos will play on the Note?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There is a pretty large list of thing that are likely different enough between the 2 tablets to cause that. Android version , Codecs in the video player, processor etc. MP4 is only a container for several different other formats. A forum supporter DVD Catalyst has a program that would probably make them all work as there are presets for various tablets.

You coudld also try installing another video player, MX Player, Dice Player or BS Player as they may make a difference.

bstewartmd

Aug 23, 2013
Welcome to the forum

There is a pretty large list of thing that are likely different enough between the 2 tablets to cause that. Android version , Codecs in the video player, processor etc. MP4 is only a container for several different other formats. A forum supporter DVD Catalyst has a program that would probably make them all work as there are presets for various tablets.

You coudld also try installing another video player, MX Player, Dice Player or BS Player as they may make a difference.

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried DVD Catalyst and got the same error message. That is three different programs that I have tried, two of them with Samsung specific templates. I will try the different video players you suggest now. I have tried two different players so far but with try these others and see if they will play the movies.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Were the original files copy protected? If so you may still have a problem no matter what you try. Some DRM ptotected files will only work on the one (first) device they were installed on.

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried DVD Catalyst and got the same error message. That is three different programs that I have tried, two of them with Samsung specific templates. I will try the different video players you suggest now. I have tried two different players so far but with try these others and see if they will play the movies.

Thank you for trying DVD Catalyst,

Are you using a memorycard for your Galaxy Tab?

If the files play on your computer and on the Xoom, they should play just fine on the Tab as well.

If you are using a memorycard for the tab, and a different one, or just the internal memory on the Xoom, it is possible (likely) that the memorycard is the issue.

Otherwise, it could also be a video player you installed. The video players you mentioned connect to the internal video playback abilities of the tablet, and they can actually interfere with each-other.

Things to try:

1. visit this link on your tab directly:

https://www.tools4movies.com/trailers/0812/darkknightrises-tlr2_h720p.mp4

it should open with the build-in video player and stream (play while downloading) without any issues.

If it has playback issues on your Tab, aside from bandwidth/buffering etc, it is likely interference from an installed app, and a reset would be the easiest fix, or try and find which app it is that is causing it.

2. if you are using a memorycard, try a different one, or copy the video to internal memory, or try the same memorycard in the Xoom.