Samsung passes Motorola and HTC in Android sales

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
samsung-logo.png

I learned something new today about the sales figures for Samsung's Android lineup. Apparently, they've sold more units then either Motorola or HTC. It seems to me that Motorola has had some hits on their hands with the Droid X/Droid 2/Droid series... and HTC hasn't done too shabby either with the Incredible, Nexus One, EVO 4G, etc...

But if you think about it, I guess it's not so far fetched... check out this lineup of Galaxy S phones: Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G, Verizon's Samsung Fascinate, T-Mobile's Samsung Vibrant, AT&T's Samsung Captivate, the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Impressive. And they've got products available on almost all the networks overseas as well.

The figures are around 32% for Samsung, 27% for HTC, and Motorola coming in at a mere 17% which means if their huge success in Galaxy development continues, they might be the premier Android manufacturer.

(Source: DriversHQ & Droid Forum)

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Interesting...to bad they don't have a device with slide-out qwerty keyboard like the Motorola Millestone2...the phone I intend to buy next month. The screen from the Galaxy S is really nice...but I would love a qwerty keyboard.

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
Samsung screens and touch screen interface speed / usability are the best I've experienced among Android products. User experience dows go a very long way toward a purchasing selection.