Samsung Tab wifi via Droid Wireless Tether.....Done! youtube Video Shows How!

jmed999

Nov 12, 2010
All the credit goes to the guys at xda developers. This was performed solely on my Samsung Tablet....without a computer or my D1.

Enjoy and sorry for the poor quality but I think it will be good enough to show you how to connect your Samsung Tab wifi via a D1 with wireless tether!

Mash Here to See the How To youtube Video!

mach330

Aug 1, 2010
awesome. now i just need to find a sprint tab version. can't find they anywhere in socal. btw..which tab did you get? i'm guessing you didn't sign up for the 3g? were just able to buy at full price without initially signing up 3g for at least one month then go month to month? i just want to buy the tab full price.

Oct 28, 2010
I have been trying to do this for the last several days on my M701, mines didnt work, does anyone know how, a simple way?

Because I did the "adhocable" thing, copied those 3 files over to "data/misc/wifi", etc., and my HTC Eris on Wifi Tether, and still no go?

I would love to be able to do that!, also I did get the "HTC Evo" to be a wifi hotspot,because that phone supports "infrastructure (true wifi hotspot)", not "adhoc" peer to peer networking...

HalfMoon

Nov 17, 2010
I have been trying to do this for the last several days on my M701, mines didnt work, does anyone know how, a simple way?

Because I did the "adhocable" thing, copied those 3 files over to "data/misc/wifi", etc., and my HTC Eris on Wifi Tether, and still no go?

I would love to be able to do that!, also I did get the "HTC Evo" to be a wifi hotspot,because that phone supports "infrastructure (true wifi hotspot)", not "adhoc" peer to peer networking...

Watch the video, or use the links on droid-life.

Placing the files in data/... will not work, the system wipes the wpa_supplicant.conf file you place there when wifi is activated. the Video shows how to replace the wpa_supplicant binary.

seistoes

Nov 16, 2010
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I guess I am pretty new to this whole tablet thing. Is the OP implying that the galaxy tab will not tether to a wireless phone without this special modification? I was under the impression that the the GT could tether to any Wife signal regardless of the source. Please explain. Thanks. Again I apologize of this post is perhaps referring to the specific phone mentioned or of o missed the point entirely.

mach330

Aug 1, 2010
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I guess I am pretty new to this whole tablet thing. Is the OP implying that the galaxy tab will not tether to a wireless phone without this special modification? I was under the impression that the the GT could tether to any Wife signal regardless of the source. Please explain. Thanks. Again I apologize of this post is perhaps referring to the specific phone mentioned or of o missed the point entirely.

adhoc connection only for tab. basically tab is like a phone. a phone connecting to a phone can't happen for adhoc connections. this solves that problem.

seistoes

Nov 16, 2010
adhoc connection only for tab. basically tab is like a phone. a phone connecting to a phone can't happen for adhoc connections. this solves that problem.

thanks but if that is the case how come I am able to successfully tether my tab will using the mobile hotspot from my HTC Evo?

Phase3d

Dec 8, 2010
I tried this with the Coby Kyros MID7015, and it's doesn't work. It basically breaks the wifi, says can't scan, and shuts wifi back down. I reinstalled the backup I made, and back to normal wifi, but still no wireless tethering yet.

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
I tried this with the Coby Kyros MID7015, and it's doesn't work. It basically breaks the wifi, says can't scan, and shuts wifi back down. I reinstalled the backup I made, and back to normal wifi, but still no wireless tethering yet.

Sorry, but this should not have been a surprise. If you downloaded the WPA file linked of the XDA Galaxy Tab form. It's specific to the Samsung Galaxy Tab and will break the wifi if used on other devices.

Phase3d

Dec 8, 2010
All the credit goes to the guys at xda developers. This was performed solely on my Samsung Tablet....without a computer or my D1.

Enjoy and sorry for the poor quality but I think it will be good enough to show you how to connect your Samsung Tab wifi via a D1 with wireless tether!

Mash Here to See the How To youtube Video!

Anyway we can get a mod file that works on more then just a galaxy tab? Do you link to xda guys who might be working on this? Thanks...