Samsung Tablet File Transfer To PC

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It's your decision of course, but I am reminded of an adage a former manager of mine gave to me: work smarter, not harder. Transferring each photo one at a time definitely fits the definition of "working harder", when Google Photos - Android Apps on Google Play can upload them all at one time to cloud storage without user interaction.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not sure about Dropbox, as I don't use it. The advantage of Google Photos is that it's virtually automatic. You just tell it which folders to upload and it uploads them. Plus, with Google Photos you get unlimited storage so long as the pictures are 16 megapixels in resolution or less. Once the photos are uploaded to cloud storage, the OP can simply go to the Google Photos storage area on his PC's browser, select all the pictures, and download them to his PC.

Problem solved, and with far less work.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That certainly would be a great option, especially since the storage is virtually unlimited. However Google uses a lossy compression to upload/store those photos. It may not be all that bad, just need to be informed. DropBox can be told to do the same, without the compression issue, but there is that space limitation if it's a free account.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Google Photos: Unlimited storage for free, with a few gotchas | ExtremeTech

The first time Google Photos is set up on a device, you have to choose how to store your photos. For most devices, the unlimited storage option is the best option, as these images are sent to Google's servers unaltered. As an example, I compared one of my camera images to the downloaded version from Google Photos and there was no change in image dimensions nor file size. If however you have a device with a camera larger than 16 megapixels, the unlimited storage option will affect those photos. For these devices, you want the limited storage option, where the images count against the 15GB of space on your Google Drive.

doublematteo

Dec 13, 2016
PC operating system is windows 7

Samsung tablet operating system is android 4.4.2

I am working on my mom's tablet to get files onto an external hdd. I am connecting through usb. It says usb device not recognized. So I changed cables but no go. I tries going into device manager but still has explanation point by it. I hear the sound from my computer that something is being plugged in like normal. I have tried a hard reset on the tablet but no go. I have did this once before but now it is not working btw. I tried looking for usb debugging but there is no option on her tablet, so I am assuming she has one that there is no such option. She had malware programs to check for viruses but nothing. I tried downloading smart switch but that did not work. I know my usb is working fine on my laptop because the external hdd in the usb port works fine. But when I plug in the Samsung, no go. I am running out of options, I have no idea what I should try next.

New to this forum btw.
Hello there! I'm using Airmore for this. You won't need a USB cable to connect your phone. And you don't need to debug your tablet. Try it. And see if it will work. It's free :)