samsung tablet

m1946

Mar 3, 2013
looking to buy my first tablet. My wife has an ipad 2 , however, I am looking at spending less money. If I bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 10 with 8 gigs.
Is it worth the extra money to buy one with 16 gigs instead of the 8 and adding an sd card. Don't know what an sd card is for. Is it straight storage?
All I need a tablet for is internet surfing, email, facebook etc. Also play words with friends game from Zynga. Do I need more than8 gigs?

arcone

Aug 27, 2012
I looked and can only see the 16 gig version available. This does appear to be good value for money, yes the SD card is pretty much storage, apps can be installed to it if you want.

Not the fastest CPU on a 10 inch, might be worth waiting for the new amazon tablet , 9.7 inch and very fast cpu, well faster than the on in the galaxy 10,2

I have to say since I got my nexus 7 I have not really used my 10 inch tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
looking to buy my first tablet. My wife has an ipad 2 , however, I am looking at spending less money. If I bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 10 with 8 gigs.
Is it worth the extra money to buy one with 16 gigs instead of the 8 and adding an sd card. Don't know what an sd card is for. Is it straight storage?
All I need a tablet for is internet surfing, email, facebook etc. Also play words with friends game from Zynga. Do I need more than8 gigs?

Welcome to the forum. Yes the SD card is for, (additional), storage. I don't think that tablet comes in 8GB either but don't discount the SD card capability. Having a tablet with one now I don't think I would ever get another tablet that didn't have it. Don't think about what you say you will limit the usage to as much as what you may find uses for it for in the future. 16 GB is as much as some people need but if you decide to also watch movies or lots of music when off-line the SD card can get pretty handy.

droiduser10

Nov 13, 2012
Bought my wife a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 for Christmas. As the others said 16gb or 32gh are the only options in the states. I bought the 16gb with the thinking to add a 32gb card later. Haven't found the need to even buy a card yet. 16gb is a lot of space on a tablet. The tab 2 is a great first tablet, plenty fast, great wifi, good resolution.