Samsung Tablets Versus Asus

Pwake

Mar 12, 2012
I've been looking at getting the new Galaxy 10.1 tablet when it's released (2.0) in the US and then heard grwat things about the Asus Transformer tablet. Anyone have input about one versus the other? I'm not a gamer or app crazy, just looking for a great tablet that's NOT an Apple product. Been there done that. I love my Android phone and I'm not that familiar with all the new technology. Thanks!

MNDaveC

Mar 12, 2012
Galaxy specs are outdated IMHO... and the "2" doesn't seem to be upping them any. I'd be hard pressed to drop coin for a Galaxy tab today... the 8.9 is a really nice size however.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Unfortunately until the tablets are actually released it is hard to tell if they will live up to the hype. Tablets from Asus, Acer, Samsung, Toshiba and others hold great promise, and other technologies are being introduced. I'm particularly interested in the Galaxy Note 10.1, which looks like it will use a Waccom digitizer layer that promises a great stylus based experience. I have both a Samsung and Asus tablet now and they are both great products, although I admit to a slight preference for the Asus Transformer if only because of the keyboard dock and impressive combined battery life. Hard to believe the number of choices Android fans have these days, and it just keeps getting better.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This is more of a bias statement of the Samsung update model. Samsung is pitiful when it comes to updates and upgrades to Android versions. If you were monitoring this like I have you would be depressed. Asus is much better on handling Firmware updates and meeting promised delivery dates.
I have liked the Hardware, but disliked the Samsung functional build delivery scheme.

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
my vote will go for Samsung Galaxy tab, particularly the 10.1... it is user friendly as compare to Asus.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I suppose it all depends on what you are looking for in a tablet. I love my Asus tablet. Compared to the 10.1 Galaxy tab, Asus blows it away.

Here is what I would miss if I switched to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 today:
External folding keyboard with USB ports, SD slot and extra battery (easily get 15 hours of USE between charges)
microSD slot (where I keep a 64 GB microSD card)
HDMI output that I can use while charging my tablet.

I have not had any issue with the usability or complicated UI of Android. Granted, Samsung may have something different but I still will take an Asus any day. The netbook/tablet interchangeability has been something I have grown to love.