Samsung Vows to Fight On; Has No Plans to Settle with Apple

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
samsung-vs-apple-war-still-rages.jpg

Despite HTC's recent settlement with Apple, Samsung recently issued a statement they have no plans to back down in their legal patent war with the clan from Cupertino. Here's a quote with the details,

In an interview with Yonhap News, Shin Jong-kyun, head of Samsung’s mobile and IT division, revealed that the South Korean manufacturer doesn’t plan to follow HTC’s legal strategy and will instead continue to fight Apple in court.

“It may be true that HTC may have agreed to pay 300 billion won (US$276 million) to Apple, but we don’t intend to (negotiate) at all,” he said.

What do you think of this stance? Are you glad to see Samsung stand up against the bully of the tech world, or would you prefer them to work things out and focus on something else?

Source: BGR

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I love the graphic, again. Is this another new one or have we seen this before?

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I am glad to hear that Samsung is no going to back down. SOME judge, hopeully, will eventually see that Apple has paid too many people in the Patent Office.
(unsubstantiated hearsay)
:p

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
I love the graphic, again. Is this another new one or have we seen this before?

We've seen a larger full screen version of this one before. I found this zoomed in one and decided it sorta fit the story better. Thanks for the compliment! :)

dmatthewm

Oct 15, 2012
Good for Samsung, don't back down, how can a patent be held for a rectangular display device with round edges??? I'm in the process of filing for a regenerating fruit that has replicating features in the center... ")