Save BATTERY - ScreenDimmer

sakalsk

Sep 23, 2011
Hello all,

I have idea how to save more battery but i cannot find out any software for android to use this purpose.

On my iphone I am using : ScreenDimmer Dims Your iPhone Screen, Saves Battery Life | iPhoneMonsta.com

Software is very nice and simple : After 15sec soft automatically dim screen to 30% and later screen will turn off.

What i want to do on my S7 is:
15 sec inactivity - 30% of light
120 sec inactivity - screen will timeout and S7 will lock screen.

Is it possible to do something like this on Android ?

It realy is very powerfull , it save on my iPhone more than 20% of battery.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You shouldn't need an app. Somewhere in the settings for your tablet there should be a display setting that allows you to do that.

sakalsk

Sep 23, 2011
No way, in settings is just : "screen timeout"

After that your Tablet is locked and you cannot see anything on display. That sux when you waiting for something.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That sux when you waiting for something.
\

You're right, it does. I looked in several different app libraries and none of them had anything you could use. Maybe someone else will know of something.

manxman

Aug 2, 2011
If you have the original Huawei 2.2.2, their clock widget allows you to dim the screen without the screen locking. I find that I have the clock on, and hit the dim button in the upper right, and the screen does not lock until the 30 minute timeout I have set. Not perfect, but works for me.

sakalsk

Sep 23, 2011
I have not original Huawei. I have : Huawei Ideos S7 Upgrade - V 0.3 - tri_zet