SAWEE SUPERPAD gen 1 Firmware 2.2.20110430 to Help Unbrick

noelani77

Oct 22, 2011
DISCLAMER: I'm not recommending anyone with this tablet to try and change your original ROM as there's no way to revert back to the original system... But for those who already tried... at least here's something to get it back working again... I also don’t know if it’s compatible with Flytouch II tablets, but I know the FTII ROMS did not work on my tablet. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
Good luck

Aloha everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with trying to upgrade and change my original ROM with that of FTII firmware.

TABLET STATS:

Model:
SAWEE Pad
Firmware: 2.1-update1 V2.3:#3529
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop#71
Build number:
ERE27
boot screen 0.6.3.1 (626)

Well like others here, I tried to upgrade my system only for it to get stuck.. I must have gone through at least 7 different ROMS and 20+ flashing, but nothing seemed to work and my tablet was unusable.

My first attempt was froyo 2.2 rom This ROM killed my restore partition and I ended up with a Zsys error in recovery. The install seemed to go through alright even saying it was a success but wouldn’t boot past the green screen.

Second attempt was 3656. Which I received “Error this wrap is not for current product!”

Third attempt was 3425 Just got stuck on Android_ and won’t boot.

Forth attempt was 3925 (iCan update) while this ROM loaded my g-sensor off (horizontal was vertical and vertical was horizontal)

Fifth attempt was 1170 update zip and Success it booted, but it required registration which I didn’t have because I didn’t have a FTII.

Updated to 1568 and 1623 which were both successful. My build stated deb 1568 and deb1623 but still required registration
L and 3425 just won’t boot.

So I decided to dismantle my tablet. This is what I found: INfotmic Imapx200 Board WWE101 v3.5... 2 gb/256 ram 2 TF slots 2 USB Slots. And continued my search:

Then I found this ROM.. I believe it’s the original ROM for Flytouch III Sawee Pads and Since I had nothing to lose I downloaded it and SUCESS! IT works
J
www.******** 9v_600.rar Deposit Files
Flytouch Recover ROM flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip

I formatted a SD card using the Flytouch Recovery ROM/ created a folder in the sd card with a folder called Android and copied the ramdisk.img, sytem.img, uboot.nand.bin, UImage, userdata, zsys and 9v_600 into the folder.

Put the flashcard in the upper TF slot and press power. You should see kernel-******, ramdisk android/system android/zsys being copied and extracted. Then you’ll see a screen that says "Burning the filesystem" (I got Recovery now!) Remove the SD card and with my superpad it automatically reboots itself.

You should see an infotmic screen, next a penguin in left corner and white "android_" after a few minutes (be patient) a silver ANDROID Logo should be visible and next the calibration procedure.

If not, try the recovery mode by pressing and holding HOME + ESC (front round button) it says something like "press the required keys if you want factory reset" release Home+esc and press them again. The recovery should start followed with burning the filesystem again. If it still doesn’t work reflash again. The flashing sometimes doesn’t work; which could be a bad card or reader. But it works..

Cons:

My camera doesn’t work. I'm not sure if I messed it up when I took it apart, or if it’s the wrong uboot.

The battery seems to drain quicker.
And I haven’t tried the market yet, no wifi where I live L

New Specs below:

Model : sawee10
android version 2_2_20110430
Kernel 2.6.32.9 semitime@semitime-server #2
build: frf85b
View attachment 4369

Last edited:

noelani77

Oct 22, 2011
Yeha make it Sticky for all thoose SAWEE Pad Flytouch II users who try to flash diffrent kind of roms and get stuck.
Cause this really saved my day, when I got a completley new fresh Flytouch. (well it's not a super tablet I know) :) , but atleast now I can use it in my boat thanks to noelani77 !

Much faster and responsive then before.
Rooting it worked fine aswell.
+ can now use my own language Swedish
+ with Launcher pro its much more smooth navigating around.
+ I also changed ro.fingerprint then updated to the latest version of Android Market and now I even get to see apps you can buy. :)

I had this beforeNow it says
Model: SAWEE Pad
Kernel Version:2.6.32.9infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop#71
Build number: ERE27
Model: SAWEE10
Firmware: Android2.2_20110430
Kernel Version:2.6.32.9 semitime@semitime-server #2
Build number: FRF85B:)

Yet to be tested is to set up GPS and see if we can get it to lock and show actual location:)

mikegianni

Nov 26, 2011
Hi I have been stung by some1 selling 1 of these I got it for my son for xmas, luckily I have found this thread.

This guide looks like it will be very useful and my question to you is this, after flashing what you found to work and getting the tablet to 2.2 is it then possible to upgrade with a custom rom?

I am hoping so as Tim's work on his roms looks very interesting and makes it look like the tablet can do all that is needed.

cheers
Mike

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Some more thanks...
I have had problems with this pad with many attempts to upgrade and had SOME sucess with the 2-stage card-based install, but it did not attempt to operate the GPS, along with other 'minor' things...

Got this one to install after only a couple of tries... would not install by SD card but DID work fine with the IUW 'expert' mode (already set up and waiting!)

It now shows that the GPS 'is at least showing it' works and I am waiting to see if GPS actually DOES something.

Will add info as things progress...

EDIT: Still cannot get GPS to see/update but will try agian when I can get it out 'into the light of day'... :p

OP... how did you change the ro.fingerprint and what did you change it to? :eek:

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
An update:

I have realized that the WiFi likes to drop offline after a short time, then will stay up after being restarted. GPS still does not work, but I am convinced that it is a hardware issue...

Considering how well it is running now, I can survive restarting the WiFi...

It also correctly restores BWO 'factory reset' as well as the CWM recovery 4.0.1.5 (?) backups.
I couldnt be happier if it stood up and did the Conga.
:D

Last edited:

JadeJedi

Jun 22, 2012
I have (according to the box because no logo markings on device) a Flytouch Superpad 3. The one with only one TF slot... Im not great with the whole android operating systems yet so when i came across an update for my device i followed the instructions to root it with LauncherPro, Z4root, and an APK installation app. it seemed to work at first, the root went fine i guess, the tablet did what the instructions said it would do which was root, shut down, restart... i then noticed that the unlock slider on the screen went from green to a light blue color, thinking nothing of it i then tried to unlock the screen, it won't register my finger on the screen, i then tried a stylis, nothing, i can't get the device past this point. im not sure if its bricked because according to the forums ive read it shouldnt work at all if bricking happened, i think i might have screwed up the op system somehow. i tried all the posted options, holding home, menu, and the back button, i downloaded what i hope was a factory fix file and put it in an android folder on a formated sd card but nothing... i have a trip coming up and i use this device for a gps because it is an awesome app, i also use it for my head unit for my car stereo, i cant afford another one especially since i know this one will still work if i can get someone to explain to me like im a 3 year old step by step instructions to either upgrade the existing software or at least get it back to factory where i wont try this again. please if any of you know what i should do please e-mail me or answer me on here. thanx

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well to begin with... ths area is for the SuperPAD ONE.... not 2 or 3 or x. The '1' has only 256Mb ram and NO internal TF card, and 2 EXTERNAL tfs....

Try the 'hardware factory reset'... hold down <HOME> and the front-mounted <BACK> button, then press <POWER> and hold them till you get:

a message about keys for factory reset.
Release <POWER> and <HOME> then REPRESS <HOME>...
It should come up with a message about getting the data and end up doing an auto-restart after like 10 seconds...

If it comes up and says something about not finding it and using an SD card, we will have to take other measures.

But first, phase one. :D

larrypcmc

Mar 1, 2013
DISCLAMER: I'm not recommending anyone with this tablet to try and change your original ROM as there's no way to revert back to the original system... But for those who already tried... at least here's something to get it back working again... I also don’t know if it’s compatible with Flytouch II tablets, but I know the FTII ROMS did not work on my tablet. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
Good luck

Aloha everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with trying to upgrade and change my original ROM with that of FTII firmware.

TABLET STATS:

Model:
SAWEE Pad
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop#71
Build number:
ERE27
boot screen 0.6.3.1 (626)

Well like others here, I tried to upgrade my system only for it to get stuck.. I must have gone through at least 7 different ROMS and 20+ flashing, but nothing seemed to work and my tablet was unusable.

My first attempt was froyo 2.2 rom This ROM killed my restore partition and I ended up with a Zsys error in recovery. The install seemed to go through alright even saying it was a success but wouldn’t boot past the green screen.

Second attempt was 3656. Which I received “Error this wrap is not for current product!”

Third attempt was 3425 Just got stuck on Android_ and won’t boot.

Forth attempt was 3925 (iCan update) while this ROM loaded my g-sensor off (horizontal was vertical and vertical was horizontal)

Fifth attempt was 1170 update zip and Success it booted, but it required registration which I didn’t have because I didn’t have a FTII.

Updated to 1568 and 1623 which were both successful. My build stated deb 1568 and deb1623 but still required registration
L and 3425 just won’t boot.

So I decided to dismantle my tablet. This is what I found: INfotmic Imapx200 Board WWE101 v3.5... 2 gb/256 ram 2 TF slots 2 USB Slots. And continued my search:

Then I found this ROM.. I believe it’s the original ROM for Flytouch III Sawee Pads and Since I had nothing to lose I downloaded it and SUCESS! IT works
J
www.******** 9v_600.rar Deposit Files
Flytouch Recover ROM flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip

I formatted a SD card using the Flytouch Recovery ROM/ created a folder in the sd card with a folder called Android and copied the ramdisk.img, sytem.img, uboot.nand.bin, UImage, userdata, zsys and 9v_600 into the folder.

Put the flashcard in the upper TF slot and press power. You should see kernel-******, ramdisk android/system android/zsys being copied and extracted. Then you’ll see a screen that says "Burning the filesystem" (I got Recovery now!) Remove the SD card and with my superpad it automatically reboots itself.

You should see an infotmic screen, next a penguin in left corner and white "android_" after a few minutes (be patient) a silver ANDROID Logo should be visible and next the calibration procedure.

If not, try the recovery mode by pressing and holding HOME + ESC (front round button) it says something like "press the required keys if you want factory reset" release Home+esc and press them again. The recovery should start followed with burning the filesystem again. If it still doesn’t work reflash again. The flashing sometimes doesn’t work; which could be a bad card or reader. But it works..

Cons:

My camera doesn’t work. I'm not sure if I messed it up when I took it apart, or if it’s the wrong uboot.

The battery seems to drain quicker.
And I haven’t tried the market yet, no wifi where I live L

New Specs below:

Model : sawee10
android version 2_2_20110430
Kernel 2.6.32.9 semitime@semitime-server #2
build: frf85b
View attachment 4369
Thanks for this information. I did as you instructed and I dont have a brick anymore. Thanks again, Larry