Scam virus

Desertpunk

Feb 2, 2016
I need help, on my insignia flex there is the notorious iTunes gift card FBI scam, I allowed unknown sources in order to download amazon underground a weekago and something calling itself "Adult Player" made it's way on my device and locked my screen I read to put into safe mode and uninstall it then download virus protection but it won't let me unistall so it said to deactivate device administrators but theres nothing to deactivate, did I miss a step in the process?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You are in a pickle for sure. If I understand where you are at the moment I don't think you have many options. A factory reset should solve the problem but of course it will also remove everything else along with the malware. If by some chance you can get back into the settings -> security section device administrators should be listed there.

Desertpunk

Feb 2, 2016
I found my way onto device administraters and the only thing listed is "Android Device Manager" and "Test" with a geek squad logo, but none of them are activated.

Desertpunk

Feb 2, 2016
If that's the only way, is it it possible specific data and apps like passwords on Facebook, google etc.on an SD card and then reset it .

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Not that I'm aware of. If you had a password app like Lastpass they may be saved in the cloud. All your apps can be installed again. If the tablet is still operational try installing something like iDrive to back up some of the data. There are other backup apps out there but unless you are rooted they typically don't get the data directly associated with apps.

Desertpunk

Feb 2, 2016
I'm not all that smart when it comes to tech but I don't have a SD card but it shows that their is one, does that mean that their is a internal SD and if so would app's saved on them be saved or deleted? Because I just found my email and Facebook password but I'm still worried about my games and 200+ photo's I have on here.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Install DropBox or Google Photo and they will all sync to the cloud. Google Photo is probably the best choice.

Desertpunk

Feb 2, 2016
OK but will automaticly do it because I realized I realized I can't open any apps I download while in safe mode, but any app's before hand I can.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In that case it may not work, however, as far as I know neither app needs to actually open it just needs to run in the background. I don't know if it will or not.

Desertpunk

Feb 2, 2016
Well to be perfectly honest l care about the pictures the most but if I get a mini SD can't I just put them on there and also on a certain game I spent money on there's an option to save it to the cloud, if I did that would it be deleted if I reset it?