Screen auto turns ON

xixorro

Mar 17, 2012
Hi all.

I own a Sony Tablet S and recently I noticed that some times the screen turns on witout me even touching it.It behaves like a random thing, altough It is problably not.

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

cirsory

Mar 12, 2012
my phone thats also android based also does that. It will also vibrate randomly with no notifications or anything. havent figured it out yet.

ErikG1995

Jun 2, 2012
hello :) im having the same problem with my tablet s and it is really anoyinng so if someone know how to fix this it would make me verry happy :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Mine started doing the same thing, I think it was checking for updates. When I turned off my WiFi, it stopped. I got a free airplane app and now, before I turn the tablet off, I tap the app to turn off the wireless. Best part is, my battery lasts a lot longer now.:cool:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The app you're looking for is called Auto Airplane Mode (by DON) It does a fantastic job of automatically disabling the WiFi when the screen blanks, which, as Spider points out, does wonders for battery life. However, if that doesn't do it I have another suggestion but try that first. There is another Airplane app on the Store but it's a fail.

You don't need to change any settings on the app unless it needs to be set to run on boot.