Screen Backwards or Mirroring

wcm7823

Aug 26, 2012
my mom gave me her vtab1008 because the usb port broke off and for some reason vizio wouldnt fix it. anyway long story short, i took it apart and put in a dc power jack and port straight to the battery and when i turned it on the screen was backwards. all the words were mirrored backwards and im not sure what the fix would be. i plugged in the three ribbons correctly (i figure) anybody got any ideas. its still charging right now so i havent messed with it yet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That is strange. I would try a factory reset and see if that works.

mrpyle

Oct 25, 2012
Having the same issue on two VTAB1008's. Both of them have the screen flip upside down and mirror backwards.

Digging around online, I found this thread. And found one other answer through google. Someone said to push the power button for a brief second or two. After the screen goes off, push it again. It makes the screen come back normal. Problem is, after a few minutes, it flips again. Tried a wipe and restore ... issue still there. Has the Honeycomb 3.2.1.

Is this a known issue?? Any fix for it? Will going back to Gingerbread solve it?

Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Having the same issue on two VTAB1008's. Both of them have the screen flip upside down and mirror backwards.

Digging around online, I found this thread. And found one other answer through google. Someone said to push the power button for a brief second or two. After the screen goes off, push it again. It makes the screen come back normal. Problem is, after a few minutes, it flips again. Tried a wipe and restore ... issue still there. Has the Honeycomb 3.2.1.

Is this a known issue?? Any fix for it? Will going back to Gingerbread solve it?

Thanks.

Sounds like you might need to re-calibrate the sensor. I'd power it down and give it a couple of good hard shakes in every direction and see if the helps free it up. There are apps that can reset the accelerometer too and if that doesn't work you can try a factory reset which will also clear your apps and data though.

mrpyle

Oct 25, 2012
Tried a factory reset. Didn't solve ... either buggy honeycomb or hardware problem. Just odd that both are doing the same thing. Screen will flip 180 degrees upside down. As well as display everything backwards, as if looking at it in a mirror.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You will be forced to use it in front of a mirror until it gets fixed. ;)

mrpyle

Oct 25, 2012
You will be forced to use it in front of a mirror until it gets fixed. ;)

since downgrading back to gingerbread, it has quit doing it ... odd, but doesnt flip and mirror any more ... going to try updating back to honeycomb and see what happens ... if i can get the update service to work :confused:

davodavo

Feb 1, 2014
since downgrading back to gingerbread, it has quit doing it ... odd, but doesnt flip and mirror any more ... going to try updating back to honeycomb and see what happens ... if i can get the update service to work :confused:

Is it possible there's some hardware setting somewhere, or that in disassembling/reassembling the thing a plug got put in wrong??

davodavo

Feb 1, 2014
Is it possible there's some hardware setting somewhere, or that in disassembling/reassembling the thing a plug got put in wrong??
I downgraded to Gingerbread, that made no difference.
Now I'm stuck there, because the update server won't serve me an update (they tried to reset the unit, but no go).

Anybody know where I can find the image for the Honeycomb version for this tablet?

Ripley 1250

Oct 1, 2015
I had the same problem and from my chair about knee high. I held my hand out with the tablet facing screen down wards , over my carpet floor, and I just let it drop.... Picked it back up and turned it on, and the screen was corrected. (Try this on your on risk cause LCD could crack or screen) My guess sensor needed 're-calibrated to rotate.