screen broken by heat

SMaton

Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone,

Today I remarked a scratch on my tablet. It's located just above the lower right corner of my tablet (where the tablet heats up most).

It doesn't look like just a surface scratch. Now I wonder if this has something to do with the tablet heating up so much.

Has anyone remarked something similar?

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
My tablet's just not running that hot, even under heavy gaming....So not sure what to tell you.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There is no method by which heat could cause a scratch. Maybe it could break the glass completely if you thru it into a fire, but a scratch, no way.

Abuse causes scratches. Sorry. Had to be said.

You started out by saying it was BROKEN by heat.
You backed off to a scratch, now just wondering if heat could do it.

Stop making like this tablet gets excessively hot. It doesn't. Even with full out action games. warm yes, hot, no.

SMaton

Jun 29, 2012
Hi,

Not necessary to get rude. I wondered how that scratch/break/whatever came onto my tablet surface. The scratch seemed to be under the surface, but now you can feel it when you pass a finger nail above it...

Who knows... perhaps my cat played with it during nighttime...

And for the heat: the lower right corner gets quite warm. Enough that I don't let my hand at that place for long (>50 degrees celcius)...

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Depending on where you got it, you should be able to return it and claim it was a factory defect. I returned seven different Pandigital Novels and three NookColors until I got ones that were flawless. I think I lucked out on the A700 as it seems pretty top shelf for me.