Screen Capture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzface

Jun 3, 2011
Hey guys maybe this might be very simple to most but how can one capture a still image of the screen on android? Hopefully its as easy as the print screen on a pc.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
The only one that I know of that works is Screenshot ER, which you have to pay for (unless you know how to Google for the free version...) It works well and is worth the $.99. $screen_20110625_2255.png

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
And then there's that^. You're right, I did forget. All of my devices are rooted, so I do tend to forget.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hey guys maybe this might be very simple to most but how can one capture a still image of the screen on android? Hopefully its as easy as the print screen on a pc.

Actually screen capture is not even built into Android, like it is on iPhone. You have to add a third party app to get this, and you usually have to root your device.

Its one of the biggest complaints form Ex-Iphone users coming to android.

It is mostly missing because Google thought this would be a security risk because of the way Android is engineered.
I've never seen a detailed explanation as to why Google thinks its a security issue.

Jun 29, 2011
Funny how Apple is known for being locked down or closed, Android is known for being open yet Apple has screen shot from the box. I've just found that funny.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

ScottW714

May 26, 2011
Actually screen capture is not even built into Android, like it is on iPhone. You have to add a third party app to get this, and you usually have to root your device.

Not true, my Archos 101 had a toggle in the dev section of the stock droid apps area that when activated would take a screen shot when the power button was tapped.

Not Droid, but written and installed by the the manufacturer of the tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.