Screen Capture

mdowns989

Nov 28, 2011
Anyone know a good screen capture app for A100? Tried Drocap... not working...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I am pretty sure all of the Honeycomb devices have screenshot built in. Go to Settings - Screen - Screenshot and tick the box.

Then long press the Recent Apps (2 overlapping squares next to home button) and it will say Screenshot saved. Tap yes to keep the box ticked in settings.

Go to /sdcard/screenshots/ to find them, or open Gallery to see them.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Sony S does not have that option in settings. A100 does not have that either.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Last I heard you needed to be rooted to do a screen capture on android; though that was for phones. Not sure if that restriction applies to honeycomb....

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

jdub922

Dec 25, 2011
My A500 definitely does not have this option. I do understand that it will be native to ICS when and if your device is migrated over.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum, and ROLL TIDE.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My Transformer has the functionality built in, as does my Galaxy Tab 7". With the Transformer there is even a function key assigned to it on the keyboard dock. I also thought this was, on the Transformer, a function of Honeycomb because of the settings options for it, but maybe not?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

jdub922

Dec 25, 2011
Sounds like SC is one of those things manufacturers choose to include or choose to nerf. It would be pretty sweet to have without rooting around in your tab.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum, and ROLL TIDE.

mdowns989

Nov 28, 2011
Last I heard you needed to be rooted to do a screen capture on android; though that was for phones. Not sure if that restriction applies to honeycomb....

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum
I am rooted and updated to latest 3.2.1