Screen Cleaners for our Trusty A2109?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Howdy everyone:

I was wondering what everyone here used to clean their A2109's Screen?

I know some say you can clean even a laptop screen with a 50/50 mix of Rubbing Alcohol and Distilled Water.

But I've always used the cleaners made specifically for laptop computer screens.
And this is the same stuff I've been using on my A2109's Screen, Since I also am using a High Quality Screen Protector.

I was just wondering if you thought a 50/50 mix would be safe to use on it?
Or if you all thought I should stick with the laptop screen cleaner altogether?

Any Thoughts?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Absolutely no. No chemicals of any kind should be used on a touch screen. Some people have used some cleaners on touchscreens and rubbed off the top layer completely. Once you've done that your touchscreen will never work right again. Only use water on a microfiber cloth. Never spray the water directly on the screen.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Absolutely no. No chemicals of any kind should be used on a touch screen. Some people have used some cleaners on touchscreens and rubbed off the top layer completely. Once you've done that your touchscreen will never work right again. Only use water on a microfiber cloth. Never spray the water directly on the screen.

OK Thanks for your response.
I didn't figure that something that was made for something as delicate as a laptop screen ie: Laptop Screen Cleaner would hurt the Touch display of our tablets.
Let alone if you are using a Good Quality Screen Protector on it already. :eek:

OK using a Micro Fiber Cloth as you have said is something that I already do, and I use "NOTHING" Else but a Micro Fiber Cloth.

You said to use water on a Micro Fiber Cloth and water alone.
My question is this how do you get fingerprints off of your screen using just water?
I've tried that and all I end up doing is making a bigger mess then when I started.
I also take it that you are talking about Distilled Water?

I've also tried using just a dry cloth as well but that is even worse! :mad:

And as you said the #1 rule when cleaning your screen is you "NEVER" spray anything directly on the screen, "ONLY" unto the cloth.

Thanks for your help: Ricky

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I only use water on the cloth maybe every 10th time I use it and the fingerprints come off just fine. I suggest you use as little water as possible and do not scrub as you will damage the screen. The same would apply if your laptop had a touch screen.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
My wife and I have been using dry microfiber cloth on our Visio VTABs and she on her Samsung tablet. (I was also using one on the Samsung tablet I had briefly.) In fact: She cut a couple full-size ones into quarters and finished the cut edges. We each have one in our tablet cases and nearby our seating in the family room.

Eventually they become "loaded-up," so they get put thru the wash (no fabric softener!) and they're good to go again for months. Occasionally a small bit of water is necessary for stubborn stuff, but usually no more than fog from huffing on the screen with your breath is the most that's needed.

Screens look like the day we brought them home.

Jim

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
I have been leaving my A2109 on my desk while I surf with my Asus notebook. Since the desk is small, my right forearm is resting on my A2109. If you are in a temperate area, and are using long sleeves, it does a bang-up job of removing any smudges fairly quickly. Any cotton or soft fabric will do.

For those afraid of scratching the glass, I believe that the quality tempered glass on the A2109 is way tougher than you think.

A stylus is pretty good at keeping smudging down, except that so far, trying to scroll with a stylus ends up choosing an entry, instead of what flicking the screen with your finger would do.

v/r,
ardentblue