screen (password) locked out TMD A816 MID 2.3 Android tablet

technophobe

Jul 28, 2011
Hi, 2nd time I switched on my TMD A816 MID Android 2.3 tablet I dragged the padlock icon to the dot to unlock it, a keyboard popped up on the screen asking for a password. Tried hitting enter, didn't work. Also tried loads possible passwords in case I've set up a password & forgotten. I really don't believe I did though, and I can't find a way to bypass or reset it, so I can't use it.

Done online research & read about flashing/reflashing, but this is a bit beyond me. The Chinese booklet is in poorly-written English, & doesn't have a troubleshooting bit. Tried contacting the Chinese distributor but they can't help as wasn't bought from them (I have also contacted the seller I bought it from but they aren't responding). I've called a PC maintenance company but they want at least £40 to sort it out (& that's with no guarantees). My last resort is to return it for refund or replacement but I don't know how much hassle this will be if the seller is ignoring contact. Help?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
did you enter your google acct info in the login and password? Moving to appropriate section

technophobe

Jul 28, 2011
did you enter your google acct info in the login and password? Moving to appropriate section

Hi Droid-Xer, I didn't even get that far. I haven't even been online with it. First time I used it, I just turned it on and looked round the menus and turned off. This happened the second time I switched it on. Nothing has been altered on the tablet, nothing added etc. I've also been given lots of generic passwords to try such as 0000, 1234, 12345 etc. but nothing is working. I am flummoxed!

seph

Aug 10, 2011
well i have an slightly same matter but i try to put a password on it an dont remember it an i wont reply an i cant get any one to fix mine