screen positioning

p79

Oct 16, 2011
how are yall? im new at this so please bare with me. do any of you know since the last update why when i rotate the a500 tablet the screen will not reposition itself? is it the update or possibly one of my settings?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
how are yall? im new at this so please bare with me. do any of you know since the last update why when i rotate the a500 tablet the screen will not reposition itself? is it the update or possibly one of my settings?

See that little switch next to the volume rocker?

(Time for a V-8 forehead smack.....) ;-)

p79

Oct 16, 2011
well thanks for the help...now i feel real smart...seriously thank you

Killjoy

Oct 5, 2011
i will play the stupid one now if you dont mind... Some apps only appear in landscape in one direction. They make me actually flip the tablet. Is this normal or am i missing something? Thanks!

TimothyBath

Sep 29, 2011
Some software defaults/assumes/forces either a portait or landscape screen regardless how the user is holding the device. As more apps are updated for tablets this should stop.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
i will play the stupid one now if you dont mind... Some apps only appear in landscape in one direction. They make me actually flip the tablet. Is this normal or am i missing something? Thanks!

You'll probably find that those apps are actaully for the android phones and not the tablet. However there are certain apps for the tab that requires the tab to be in portrait mode - like sketchbook and some others.:rolleyes: