Screen protect Quest

DavidSKi

Mar 22, 2012
So i just ordered a Gumdrop for my tf101. though it has a screen guard on it, Ive read in different corners of the web that people poke out the screen and put a better (wet applied) screen guard. one of the main benefits is the lack of bubbles and better screen clarity.

what are the best screen guards for our Asus transformers?

do you prefer wet app than dry?

Sean081978

Jul 8, 2011
I've had my Transformer since last summer and have never used a screen guard. It's Gorilla Glass so as long as you're reasonably careful with it you probably don't need one. So far there isn't so much as a scratch on mine.

DavidSKi

Mar 22, 2012
makes sense under normal wear and tear. however this will be used for my work in IT, through the hustle and bussel of supporting 32 different computer labs, i am looking for extra protection. Hence the gumdrop overkill case.

DavidSKi

Mar 22, 2012
i saw great things about Skinomi TechSkin, and they make a tf 101 film for around 10$ with lifetime replacement.

Raiderspy1

Apr 29, 2012
Anybody know if you use a screen protector on the TF300, can you still use the keyboard docking? Or will it prevent it or tear? Any and all info appreciated. Thanks.

ShelJW

Mar 26, 2012
Anybody know if you use a screen protector on the TF300, can you still use the keyboard docking? Or will it prevent it or tear? Any and all info appreciated. Thanks.

Raiderspy
I have the Transformer Prime, not the TF300, but I did end up trying several screen protectors for the Prime.

I tried ArmorSuit, which I had ordered prior to finding/deciding to purchase the dock. I emailed them immediately, asking if their screen protector would work with a dock (the protector had been ordered, but hadn't yet arrived), and they informed me it would not, and issued an immediate refund (great customer service!).

Next, I tried Skinomi. Others swear by Skinomi wet apply screen protector. Mine showed major smudge marks, even after Skinomi sent me a 2nd one to try.

3rd attempt was a dry apply ACase View screen protector! Comes three in the package, it's a dry apply, and is thin enough that it doesn't interfer with the dock. Better still, it's nearly invisible once installed!

Just take your time applying it. Do it in a slightly steamy bathroom, to avoid dust, and you'll be very pleased.

Only question is... does ACase View now have screen protectors for the TF300. Not sure.

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
If you have a case cover, or keyboard, it shouldn't be needed, if you do use one clean isntall and make sure it allows ultimate sensitivity. All protectors are not equal and some take away function.