Screen Protector

laughalot

Dec 4, 2012
If anyone is interested.
My wife's only complaint about her A2109 was the display, having to hold it a certain way for the best view, and the glare. I order the GreatSheild anti-glare screen protector from Amazon and it worked pretty good. This was the 1st screen protector I have ever put on and it was very easy. No Air bubbles. My wife said it works great and it helps with the greasy finger prints. It doesn't seem to interfere with the touch controls. So I order a 3 pack from Amazon and I am going to put them on the other 3 tabs we have.
Amazon.com: GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare (Matte) Clear Screen Protector Film for Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 9.7 inch Tablet (3 Pack): Electronics

Update: Anytime I work on 1 of the cars, I would always take my Nook with me to look up repair instructions/or videos. The A2109 is hard to see outside. Today I had to replace a A/C blower motor resistor and I used my wife's tab with the screen protector, and it was easy to see.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Some people have recommended putting Rain-X on the screen to prevent fingerprints etc. Wouldn't help with the glare though.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I use the XtremeGuard one, and it is not as good as i thought. With the screen protector, the screen view is pretty clear. However, when I am using the tablet with my lamp open, it is so difficult to see because of the reflection. Maybe i should get this one (GreatShield) too... I was looking at this brand too, but on Amazon it saids A2109 9.7 inch, so i thought it is for S2109, but clearly it is for A2109... !!

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I have not been a screen protector user because I always use a cover (I think the vast majority of problems happen while it is not in use) but the idea of reducing glare gets my interest. But one thing that concerns me about them is that they come in 3 packs. How long does one generally last? If I use one and a cover, will it likely last as long as the tablet? How hard is it to take one off to replace it?

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I have not been a screen protector user because I always use a cover (I think the vast majority of problems happen while it is not in use) but the idea of reducing glare gets my interest. But one thing that concerns me about them is that they come in 3 packs. How long does one generally last? If I use one and a cover, will it likely last as long as the tablet? How hard is it to take one off to replace it?

I ordered the one that the OP got too. Waiting for it to arrive :)

Based on my previous screen protector experience, they can last at least more than half year. So lets underestimate the life of the screen protector to half year life, 3 of them are gonna let you use for one and half year XD

I will post a comment when i receive the screen protector.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Ok i got the protector and applied it immediately. The surface feels good actually. $10.49 for 3, I would say it is a pretty good price for the quality. The protector does reduce glare, but not as much as i thought. At least when i am playing game or reading book, I won't feel as bad as before when i didn't have the reduce glare screen protector. :)

By the way, putting the protector can be challenging. You have to do it very careful to avoid dust or fur(is that the correct term to describe it?) so that there won't be any inevitable bubble. I did it without any bubble though :)

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I use the Great Shield "CLEAR" Screen Protector.
Mainly because it enhances the color granted it does nothing for the glare.
GLARE is the nature of the beast when it comes to Gorilla Glass.
My Iconia had that problem I used an Anti Glare on it but it cut down on the clarity to much in my opinion.
While I can see it being a problem if you take it outside which I don't that much, I have a light up above my A2109 and towards the back just a bit and it's not a problem for me.

But that's me I just prefer sharper colors and clairity myself.

I can see the screen being hard to see if you would hold it at an angle that is off at a 45 degree angle or even a 30 degree angle but I've got mine on the dock I made and it works GREAT and I built it at the angle that was the steepest on one of those Multi Angle Case/Stands.

But that's just my two cents, and if you were to use it with a lot of lights all around you mainly at your back and or directly overhead I can see where that is a problem.
It just amazes me of all the reviews of different tablets that I've read about most only say about glare on the A2109 or the Iconia, And plenty others have the same highly polished Gorilla Glass as well. ;)

laughalot

Dec 4, 2012

I got the 3 pack because my family and I have 4 Tablets and so I ended up ordering another 3pk, which I will send to my oldest since she goes away for college. They are very easy to apply and you are suppose to be able to remove them to clean and reapply. I figure if they are like the one I have on my Nook it last awhile. The nook I have is over a year old and so far the screen protector is in great shape. But if you treat your tablet like my other daughter treats her cell phone you may have to replace it like in 3 months, LOL! Amazon may sell a singles. I figure since I got all 4 tablets for $400 due to a misprinted Black Friday ad, I figured $10.49 for 3 wasn't much.

To: FloRider
Austin is Awesome!!

Sammmmmy

May 9, 2013
Thank you for that. I got a leather case for my a2109 . But the screen always gets dirty. I am searching for a screen protector. The one you mentioned is pretty well.