Screen Recording on Android Tablets

tccochran

Jul 21, 2011
I have a question regarding the capabilities of Android tablets and I was hoping someone would be able to provide me with a little more insight than I've been able to dig up by just Googling.

I teach math and I would love to be able to use a stylus and some sort of sketch application to work through a multi-step problem on a tablet. I'd also like to be able to record my pen strokes (with or without audio) so my students are actually able to see me work through the problem step-by-step after I post the video to my website.

SMARTBoards and Promethean boards include software that allow this to be done and the end result is a video similar to this:

I would absolutely love to be able to create similar videos at home using a tablet. Does anyone know if this is possible on a tablet? If so, which tablet do you recommend I purchase and what apps will I need to use to create this type of recording?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
There are a few applications that allow you to draw on your tablet. One that designed as a note taking application is called maplepaint. Another, which is more of a photoshopesk application is called Sketchbook. I'm sure there are many others that allow you to draw to the screen. While, as far as I know, none of them allow you to capture your drawing stroke by stroke, they could easily be used as a smart board like system.