Screen sensitivity appears to change.

stevesc3

Jan 14, 2012
Hi All,
The screen touch sensitiveness seems to change as the length of my session increases. At first I thought the screen was getting dirty but that is not it. Next I thought it could be heat but I don't think that is it either (I could be wrong).

It seems it has gotten worse since the Honeycomb update. The symptoms mostly appear on the home screen when I try to select a different app. It often does not highlight or sometimes will highlight and not take any action.

In advance thanks to all who offer advice.

Steve

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
When it highlights with no action, the system is actually thinking you are trying to drag the app to another tab, screen location, or the trash. (Drag and Drop action)

Sensitivity after a long session could also be effected by a resource shortage and/or battery drain. Since the system never closes most apps once they are open, after a long session there is alot running in the background lagging on the system.

You could try shutting down and restarting right away. That should clear the background apps, but not affect temp and battery drain state very much. If sensitivity pick up then it probably was one or all of the things in the background that were bringing it down.