Screen Spot?

schwing1

Apr 4, 2012
My VTAB-1008 has a spot on the screen. I thought it was under the screen protector and didn't call it in earlier (my fault here). I took off the screen protector (which came with the Vizio case) this morning and to my disappointment it was un the display itself. I called it in but it has been a little over 4 months since I purchased it and they will not help me. They said the pictures looked like I pressed too hard or got water in it. Neither is the case. Is it possible that the screen protector got some humitidy under it and it seeped into the display? I live in the desert so that is not too likely.

Any suggestions for me on this? Customer support was less then helpful for me. I love my tablet and I just hope that my wife's does not do the same, I bought hers the same time.

$Vizio spot 1.jpg$Vizio Spot 2.jpg

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If you haven't done anything to it or gotten it wet, I am guess it is a manufacturing defect. Good luck convincing them of that though. Maybe if you are lucky it is just some moisture and will dry out but I can't imaging moisture getting under the screen and causing a spot like that.

stevepike

Mar 14, 2012
Have read that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has had similar reports (Newtons Rings) (oil rings) some thought moisture. Sounds like a manufacturing process issue.

schwing1

Apr 4, 2012
Props to the local Costco. After failing with Vizio Customer (dis)service and Costco tech support (basically - past 90 day's sucks to be you), I called the local store manager. He swapped it out for me even though it was past the 90 days.

Now to reload everything and set up the new tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Glad to hear it worked out. That is the way it should be since it seemed to be a defect.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Just joined costco because of the excellent customer service. Glad to hear they took care of you.

Jim

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I just noticed a white spot on my VTAB too. It appears to be where I always touch the screen, aka, the middle. I have a screen saver on it, and the spot doesn't show up except on totally white pages. I suspect its the screen saver, but I sure as hell am not going to take it off to find out

I'll just leave it alone. By the way Kindle Fires suck next to a vtab. Got one for wife and it is totally worthless. Too small, no gps, will not download Google apps from play. It's a toy. It's a fast toy, but that's it.

Oct 10, 2011
By the way Kindle Fires suck next to a vtab. Got one for wife and it is totally worthless. Too small, no gps, will not download Google apps from play. It's a toy. It's a fast toy, but that's it.

Amazon took a page from the Apple playbook and made it a closed system. If you could buy apps from Google, Amazon would not be making any money off them so they designed it where you could only get apps at the Amazon store where Amazon gets a % of every app, video and song sold.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Actually the Fire is a good device for what it is designed for which is not most of the people on this forum. You can't really compare the Fire which is mainly a media consumption device to a fully functional tablet like the VTab. However, it is a well designed device with a solid build quality down to the gorilla glass and surprisingly easy to use for the less tech savvy. Would I choose a Fire over a VTab? Of course not, but it is selling very well and seems to have found a nice niche in the market.