Screen turning off and on when asleep?

DForbes

Apr 25, 2011
Just picked up my Acer A500 today. Very easy setup and good quality overall, will be taking my Zoom back this weekend, maybe :rolleyes:

Only real issue is the screen turns off and on when asleep? I narrowed this down to the wifi settings and once the wifi is turned off than it sleeps with no issues, anyone seeing this and if so any fix?

As a temporary solution I downloaded a widget for wifi and just switch off before putting to sleep although now notifications and updated email are useless.

Thanks, Dennis

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Dennis, as soon as the rest of us catch up to the point that we can see this, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

DForbes

Apr 25, 2011
np, I figured it would be a day or so before anyone replied. Thanks for the reply!

Dennis, as soon as the rest of us catch up to the point that we can see this, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
I actually saw this earlier. At the time I have Weatherbug open and I had pulled up the honeycomb settings, all while plugged into the charger. When I noticed it, I closed out of the settings and closed weather bug. It's been sitting here and hasn't done it since.

Do you have any apps open when it happens to you?

MNRyan

Feb 7, 2011
I have had the same problem. I put it to sleep when its at the home screen and it will just randomly wake up... anyone figure it out yet?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
My home computer does this too, at times. I think that something running in the background pulls it out of its sleep during some type of increased activity. Now that I think of it, it may possibly be when it's syncing (say Facebook...) I have mine set to sync every two hours. I'll have to check and see if this is consistent.

crunchpunch

Apr 27, 2011
I have the same issue. I killed every process running one by one and still had the screen turning on. I even tryed the disconect wifi when screen is off option and it didn't fix it :[

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Let's check the Xoom forums to find out if they do it, too. Otherwise, this is something to report to Acer... It's obviously not an individual problem.

iamcoop

Apr 27, 2011
I have noticed this as well. I had set a PIN, and thought that may be causing the issue when a process ran in the background. I just disabled the PIN to see if that changed anything. Is anyone else using a PIN to lock their tablet?

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
Not using a pin and mines doing it, only had for a couple days now so I'll have to watch it and see.

Rode

Apr 27, 2011
I actually spoke with Acer tech support on this issue, not very helpful, they had me take it back to factory default and restart it with absolutely nothing installed on it and it still did the same thing. The tech said it was defective told me to take it back and exchange it haven't started the new one up yet to see if that one is doing it.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I suspect that it's a software thing and that if we keep reporting it and live with it a while longer, it'll get resolved. However, that's just a guess.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
Mine has the same issue. I normally shut it all the way down but just noticed it a few minutes ago. Was turning on and of consistantly every few minutes.

Rode

Apr 27, 2011
I just turned on the new one and it was doing the same thing. I called back Acer support again and spoke to another level 2 person and she also claimed they are not aware of this problem. The unit I have must be defective and that I should send it in for repair (2 week turn around also very rude) She insisted they had a couple there and they were not doing it. Also according to her you can not tether it by Bluetooth to a 3G capable phone to use it's internet connection or to a computer to transfer data as it says in their specs, I am going to return it spend the extra money and get a Motorola Xoom. You get what you pay for.