Screenshots work?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Android 4.0 introduced the ability to take screenshots via some hardware button combination, usually Power + Volume-down.
Doesn't work on my iDeaUSA tablet.
Does it work on yours?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Natey2 said:
Android 4.0 introduced the ability to take screenshots via some hardware button combination, usually Power + Volume-down.
Doesn't work on my iDeaUSA tablet.
Does it work on yours?

It works on my Sony S.

TheSteve

May 9, 2012
I wished it worked on my LG Spectrum :( This is a very cool feature. My wifes iPhone does it and I want it too... blah

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
That's actually how I used to take screensots on my nook color before rooting it and then I lost that feature and I had to get one of those apps that allows one to take screenshots.
I believe it doesn't have anything to do with 4.0 though as the guy who opened this thread mention. My note also let me take a screenshot holding home and power button.
I like the app I have now on my nook, you just have to shake the tablet to get the shot, easier than to press the two buttons.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited:

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I believe it doesn't have anything to do with 4.0 though as the guy who opened this thread mention.

"You can now share what's on your screens more easily by taking screenshots. Hardware buttons let them snap a screenshot and store it locally."
- http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/

The process you used to root must have broken the standard screenshot functionality.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Natey,I read the article...the writer is saying that the two button press for taking a screenshot is a prerogative of ICS but we had that on Frojo and I have it on my galaxy note,Gingerbread......we don't really want ICS for that,may be for some other features.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I've never had screenshot capability: on Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread on my DroidX.
Was hoping I would have it on my tablet running ICS 4.0.3, but looks like the tablet manufacturer hosed it somehow.

TheSteve

May 9, 2012
Works on my Nook Color. Don't know about the Nook Tablet, my wife won't let me touch it.;)

Had no idea it worked on the Nook Color! Gonna have to play with it. Anyone know if the new Nook Glowlight has this type of feature? Was thinking of getting one this weekend

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
idontknow said:
Natey,I read the article...the writer is saying that the two button press for taking a screenshot is a prerogative of ICS but we had that on Frojo and I have it on my galaxy note,Gingerbread......we don't really want ICS for that,may be for some other features.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Probably my favorite feature is to be able to creaste folders simply by pflacing one app over another.

How many tablets do you have?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I just rooted my tablet, installed the screenshot app from the Market, and it works. Finally!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Natey2 said:
I just rooted my tablet, installed the screenshot app from the Market, and it works. Finally!

As Gloria would say, where is it? :)

Natey2

May 25, 2012
As Gloria would say, where is it? :)

Attached:
aefe5329-c011-6b86.jpg