Screenshots

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
Hi

Lol after spending ages on this forum, finally ordered a Nook Color and got it a week back. having spent a week with it, i have to say that i am delighted with the purchase. thanks to J515OP and avi for all their help.

it came with 1.1, rooting was very easy. made a backup and got stuck in clockwork mod while booting so removed clockwork mod with the flashable zip file and now works properly.

havent spent much time on the rooted 1.1 though. i have been running honeycomb off my class 6 transcend 8gb microsdhc card and its awesome.

its sluggish and a lot of apps dont download but ive got all my basic necessary apps loaded including pulse, class buddy pro, angry birds among others. its only a wonder how great it will be once deeper-blue or somebody else comes up with a stable rom. battery life is great too. get around 7 hours and it last forever if kept on standby :D

my question is how to take a screenshot while on honeycomb running off the sd card? i tried holding the 'n' buttong down and pressing volume down but that doesnt seem to do anything. any other alternative method of taking screenshots?

i want to take screenshots and post them here and also use it for a review i plan to do on "honeycomb on the nook color." thanks

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You will need to find a screenshot app that works. the 'n'+vol- is only in the B&N OS.

Search on the market.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Woo hoo you finaly got it! Well I hope it doesn't disappoint (I'm sure it won't). Like vic said HC doesn't have the built in screen shot function but there are apps for that in the store but you may not find one that plays nice with HC right now. In fact I don't think any of the ROMs outside of the autonootered 2.1 have the built in "n vol - " function.

Since you are just running HC from the SD pop that succker out reboot and get at least 1 shot of your nook for us :) Might be a fun chance just to play with some wallpapers while you are doing it since you can't in HC.

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
lol none of the market screenshot apps worked. installed HC v4 2nd edition on eMMC. havent noticed any drastic improvements in the lags but apps seem to be installing without any troubles including ones which didnt install on the SD card version. so very happy. plus our forum member revenge posted this link to a screen shot app which works great for me :D

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/10824-how-take-screenshot-how-post.html#post64449

heres some screenshots of my nook. dont know how to resize the image to the exact screen dimensions of the nook. any help? otherwise the screenshots look fantastic :D

$screen201103211944.png

View attachment 1777