Scrollable Wallpaper Dimensions

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
$screenshot_20.png
1200x480 (5:2) is the default size of the included Huawei wallpapers. For those who like to have a scrolling background in a native resolution.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I've been playing around with this and I use adwlauncher. What I found so far is, using a jpeg, you need 800x640 in a 1600x640 canvas. I then select the file with my file explorer (I use ES File Explorer) and choose View picture, the default photo viewer with the S7, set as, and drag the frame to select the entire image (1600x640) and hit save. Degradation of the image is minimal, the textures I created in Gimp look great, even in portrait. I've played with image files with some success but need to look in to it a little further. I imagine the dpi of the image and quality of the source are very important.

Thought I should add that the problem with this has obviously been the landscape/portrait rotation of the launcher makes backgrounds a bit more complicated.

Last edited:

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
I use the Huawei Launcher so i have no issues with orientation.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

raduque

Jan 28, 2011
1200x480 is the resolution of the default wallpapers... BUT if you make and use a 1200x480 wallpaper, it doesn't fill the crop box correctly.

1125x450 is the correct size to fill the crop box entirely.

Here's two sample wallpapers that fit perfectly.
$girls.jpg
$nemovalkyrjawall.jpg