SD Card and USB issues

greenietots

Apr 27, 2011
Does anyone have problems finding files from sd card on the device. can not locate files on usb on device or sd card. can someone help. also have a mac computer.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I'm not having a problem at all. You are using a file manager, yes? If so, go to your (I believe it's the) root > mnt > external_sd. This is on the A500. I haven't hooked mine up to the computer yet. There is a USB file you need from Acer to get your computer to see your A500. Go to Acer's support page, look for Iconia Tab and download the file - I'm not sure they have the file for a mac, though. You might have to ask them for it.

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
I originally had problems with a 2GB SD card. I tried formatting it FAT and FAT32 and neither worked even though it worked in my PC. I tried a 32GB card I bought for my wife's phone and it worked fine...must be a speed issue or something.

mordor

Apr 28, 2011
I find that the file explorer( es file explorer) can only show the file list on my usb thumbdrive when the tablet is booted up with the thumbdrive attached. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the external sd card. Anyone else has the same issues?

neoprimal

Apr 28, 2011
Make sure anything you insert/plug in is formatted to FAT32.

I haven't had any problems except with an 8GB flash drive formatted to NTFS.

mordor

Apr 28, 2011
Make sure anything you insert/plug in is formatted to FAT32.

I haven't had any problems except with an 8GB flash drive formatted to NTFS.

Yes its in far32, but system doesn't recognise it unless i reboot. Its a pain to reboot everytime i need to read the drive. Any ideas?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Yes its in far32, but system doesn't recognise it unless i reboot. Its a pain to reboot everytime i need to read the drive. Any ideas?

Are you talking about a computer connection to the tablet? Did you go to Acer support and download the USB driver file?

mordor

Apr 28, 2011
Are you talking about a computer connection to the tablet? Did you go to Acer support and download the USB driver file?

No this is a 16 gb usb rhumbdrive that the tablet only recognise is i have it plugged in on boot up. If i just plug it in normally, the tablet doesnt recognise it, i need to shut the tablet down n restart to see the drive.

JackBug

May 8, 2011
I also, have to reset my A500 before the external SD card is reconised.
Plugging a flash drive into the USB port works perfectly.

Any clues as to why?
Do particular brands/sizes work better than others?

regards,
John

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It seems like some units are picky about the brand (or maybe they all are and some of us are lucky. ) However, I would suggest that you call Acer tech support and make them aware. Maybe they can shed some light (or at least work on a fix.)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Janniel

May 8, 2011
I'm not having a problem at all. You are using a file manager, yes? If so, go to your (I believe it's the) root > mnt > external_sd.

Thanks for this. New to Acer Tab, didn't even realize I needed a file manager! My headache is cured...thanks!

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
We're all learning together. That's why we're here. You'll get it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Coladog

May 9, 2011
I have been having great success with a 4 gb SanDisk flash drive. My question is, Is there a way to unmount the flash drive before removing it from the usb port? I have been pulling it out and hope i'm doing any damage to the tab.