SD card class 10 32GB $40.00

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
I had problems with a 32gb microsd card that I purchased (it was a Kingston class 4)

I was in correspondance with Creative about it.
They got back to me to say that the following 32gb cards are compatible:

SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC and Transcend 32GB Micro SDHC

MikeTodd

Mar 26, 2011
Kenif, If I were most people I would stick with Creative suggestion since the drives you mention are tested. I sent them asking why and they responded:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

Currently, SanDisk Micro SDHC 32GB and Transcend Micro SDHC 32GB are the verified and tested Micro SD cards that is working and compatible with ZiiO 7.

Please note that other SD memory cards may still work with your player.

ZiiO supports microSD of up to 32GB.

Thank you for comments and suggestions.

If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with any previous correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurate
service.

Best Regards,

Jessica
Worldwide Customer Response
Creative

I wouldn't take the chance but I have two 32GB class 10 SDHC drives so I'm going to give it a go. Even funnier is the fact I will be using a SDHC to Micro SD converter. Should be interesting.

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
Another thing to note is that Android OS cannot format 32gb microsd (or sd) cards..

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Even funnier is the fact I will be using a SDHC to Micro SD converter. Should be interesting.

SD to MicroSD? Can you link this crazy device?

Another thing to note is that Android OS cannot format 32gb microsd (or sd) cards..

Wrong? If its an issue with the size of the card, its and issue with your device not supporting the size. Many devices use a 32gb MicroSD card and you can Unmount > Format them with no issues.

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
Maybe I was reading older forum (not this forum) posts about not being able to format 32gb cards.

MikeTodd

Mar 26, 2011
SD to MicroSD? Can you link this crazy device?

I think most which can be conceptualized can be designed by an engineer and implemented by others. I've attached my proof of concept. My 40 dollar 32GB Media power SDHC card will work with the Ziio and with a SDHC to MicroSD converter to boot. I'm working on a package in a 3D modeling program called inventor. I also have access to a 3D prototyping machine. Who knows....

miketodd-albums-ziio-leather-case-mod-picture2124-microsd-converter.jpg

Last edited: