SD card compatibility for the A100

jfjinca

Dec 9, 2011
I bought an Acer A100 a few weeks ago and had major problems getting wifi. I finally took out the SanDisk SDHC 16GB card (that came with the deal) and it's working. Apparently, SanDisk is incompatible with the A100. Has anyone else had that problem and what cards are others using? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
How is the card formatted?

If you are running Honeycomb 3.2 or newer it should recognize NTFS and FAT32 formatted cards. If you are not to HC 3.2, then it will need to be formatted for FAT32.

You will need to insert it into a proper computer and check the properties on it to see. If you go with the NTFS format you will need a WinVista or Win7 PC to format it.

Also, I would run the h2testw on a PC to test to make sure the memory is not fake. Some folks have figured out how to make a 2 GB card report as a larger card. Only the last 2 GB is then readable and many files can be lost.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
No wifi issues for me and I'm using a sandisk 16 gig, class 4. I purchased it in bulk packaging on Amazon.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

jfjinca

Dec 9, 2011
How is the card formatted?

If you are running Honeycomb 3.2 or newer it should recognize NTFS and FAT32 formatted cards. If you are not to HC 3.2, then it will need to be formatted for FAT32.

You will need to insert it into a proper computer and check the properties on it to see. If you go with the NTFS format you will need a WinVista or Win7 PC to format it.

Also, I would run the h2testw on a PC to test to make sure the memory is not fake. Some folks have figured out how to make a 2 GB card report as a larger card. Only the last 2 GB is then readable and many files can be lost.

I bought the tablet on Ebay and the card came with it. I haven't checked to see if it's formatted. I'll do that after the holidays, when things calm down. Thanks!