"SD Card Damaged you may have to reformat it"

Trantastique

Sep 24, 2011
Can anyone help please!

I have an Android 2.1 MID Tablet and when i insert an internal Mini SD Card i get the msg that the

"SD Card Damaged you may have to reformat it".

I have tried 2 cards that work fine in other devices and even tried a new card with no luck.

I have tried formatting the SD Card on the tablet but i don't think the process run’s as there is no screen format progress information? When i connect the SD card to a PC through a USB adapter there are no issues and the cards functions correctly. When i insert the SD card in the tablet & connect the tablet to the PC the SD card volume cannot be seen.

The issue is related to the tablet/operating system but i can find what the solution is, can anyone help me please!Can anyone help please!

I have an Android 2.1 MID Tablet and when i insert an internal Mini SD Card i get the msg that the

"SD Card Damaged you may have to reformat it".

I have tried 2 cards that work fine in other devices and even tried a new card with no luck.

I have tried formatting the SD Card on the tablet but i don't think the process run’s as there is no screen format progress information? When i connect the SD card to a PC through a USB adapter there are no issues and the cards functions correctly. When i insert the SD card in the tablet & connect the tablet to the PC the SD card volume cannot be seen.

The issue is related to the tablet/operating system but i can find what the solution is, can anyone help me please!

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
It might be that the disk is formatted as NTFS (the default format Windows uses now - introduced originally as an option in Windows 2K.) Android only understands cards formatted as FAT32. You might have to re-format the card on the PC using FAT32.