SD card for 7022

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
As long as it's class 4 or higher it should work fine.

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
I don't think the class is listed on this one. But, I figured it would work in a GPS or camera,
if it failed in the 7022.

I was lucky that I went to Radio Shack this evening, because these are going On Sale on Sunday.
For $17.. The RS crew had already marked it up, getting ready for tomorrow.
But, I was still able to get the old sale price. :D

Have not looked for any SD tester apps yet, but I did move some of the
movable (downloaded) apps over to the new card, and they seem to be
running just like they did before..

The 7022 automatically sets up the card after it's inserted. Kinda cool.
I did not know about that feature. On my cameras, they have a format command.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Glad it worked for you, the Nook also formats the cards for you.

buck1122

Jun 26, 2011
X-Ring - I am a Android newbie - for the 7022 what is the file name that held the downloaded apps that you moved? And what folder did you move them to? Thanks for yur help.

buck

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
X-Ring - I am a Android newbie - for the 7022 what is the file name that held the downloaded apps that you moved? And what folder did you move them to? Thanks for yur help.

buck

Nope, I am the Android newbie here. I was wondering about the exact location of those apps when I saved them to the SD.
It seems they were just moved (using Manage Apps) to the built-in SD card.

I just pulled out my new SD card and it had a couple of empty folders on it.
Android and Lost.Dir

I'm not sure how to access the new SD card..
Hopefully, I'll end up using it to upgrade the OS one of these days. ;)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Nope, I am the Android newbie here. I was wondering about the exact location of those apps when I saved them to the SD.
It seems they were just moved (using Manage Apps) to the built-in SD card.

I just pulled out my new SD card and it had a couple of empty folders on it.
Android and Lost.Dir

I'm not sure how to access the new SD card..
Hopefully, I'll end up using it to upgrade the OS one of these days. ;)

Lost Dir has app files you can access when connected to your desktop. You must show hidden files under folder options in winders.

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
I wondered about hidden files, so I checked the size and the space used was very small.
IIRC, it was about 20kb.
I believe the Lost.Dir was empty. Of course, I am a newbie at this stuff.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Ooops apps on sd card are actually stored in .android_secure

Last edited:

buck1122

Jun 26, 2011
When I usb to my computer the 7022 shows two "removable" drives 1) with a capacity of 3.3 gig and another 2) with capacity of 16 gig - I must assume that #2 is the micro sd card (16 gig) that I installed. And that #1 drive is the 4 gig internal memory. Right? But the Android_secure folder is in #1 -- I thought the idea was to move as many files as possible to the truly removable drive that we can increase if necessary. Would definitely help if Coby gave us some guidance via a manual!!!

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
[COLOR= ]That's not how it works with Internal Ram and SD Cards

The internal memory with we call NAND is listed in the tablet as SDCARD
Your 16 GB card is listed as TFLASH in the SDCARD folder, don't get confused ! :p

When you move apps to SDCARD you don't really move anything to the physical card, that would be anyway way too slow to operate correctly, also dangerous since ppl may change the card, or format it, makes sense..

Reason for all this i think is the fact then we run a Android that is originally made for Phones, i am sure allot of stuff will get clean as soon as 3.0 and 3.1 gets released for the public, these Android versions are hybrid and can have different features for phones and tablets

So yeah, SDCARD is the internal memory part many times referred too as NAND and TFLASH is your actual physical SDCARD for pics, videos etc. the TFLASH folder is located in the SDCARD directory
[/COLOR]

Last edited:

buck1122

Jun 26, 2011
ktakis - for sure I am having a pill wrapping my bean around Android (any version -Ha) - but your explanation has cleared up a lot of questions up for me. Thx a bunch! The 7022 is my first tablet and am surprised at its capabilities vs price. Trying to be patient (had it less than 3 weeks) but wanted to clear up the sd issue before I started to load on my pics etc.

Bowtieman

Jul 16, 2011
I have just put a avi movie on my sdcard. I made a folder named (movies) for the upload. Now I am not sure that I did the right thing. Should I have put the movie in TFlash folder. One other question is how does a person get the movie to play once I get it set correctly. I have no (zero) video or movie icons to activate it.

Bowtieman

Jul 16, 2011
I have just put a avi movie on my sdcard. I made a folder named (movies) for the upload. Now I am not sure that I did the right thing. Should I have put the movie in TFlash folder. One other question is how does a person get the movie to play once I get it set correctly. I have no (zero) video or movie icons to activate it.

Never mind I just found an ap named MX video player and it corrected all my problems. Immediately found the move I had just install in the :movie" folder and it played back perfectly.

Now if I can find something that easy to correct the cell standby problem. Life would be grand. I just don't have the knowledge bank to feel safe in rooting my tablet.