SD Card storage

akvasu

Dec 1, 2011
Hi

I bought a 16gb SD card after the new Upgrade (now apps from SD card, files direct from SD card etc). However the SD card is not visible in the device - I mean I can see it in the Settings menu but It doesnt seem usage.
I am unable to copy files to the SD card - I tried with Astro and couple other file managers.

Now my device is out of Space and is unusable almost.

Any steps I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Anup

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There could be any number of possibilities for not being able to see the SD card. I would start with a total shutdown and restart of the tablet first if you haven't already done that. Then you might try reformatting the SD card in your computer. If it wasn't a major brand SD card purchased from a reputable source it may be a knock-off or it may have just failed. The other possibility is that there is a bug in the update but I'm not certain I remember seeing a report on that for the Sony S.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also make sure the SD card is fully seated into the slot. Start with the easy things then move on from there ;)

JP

vin8tablets

Jun 19, 2012
if the SD card is good, you should be able to use the built-in file transfer apps to copy files to the /mnt/sdcard2.

/mnt/sdcard is actually internal memory partitiion.

also i was told by a technician that you cannot install apps to the external sdcard.

akvasu

Dec 1, 2011
Hi

The latest update was supposed to have brought ability to install apps to the SD card - Also the download indicates storing to SD card - BUT only the internal storage got exhausted :(

I am not sure - the card looks good - I tested on couple of devices.

Thanks
Anup

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi

The latest update was supposed to have brought ability to install apps to the SD card - Also the download indicates storing to SD card - BUT only the internal storage got exhausted :(

I am not sure - the card looks good - I tested on couple of devices.

Thanks
Anup

I have yet to see an Android tablet be able to save apps to the external SD card. Not saying you're wrong but I have my doubts.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It is somewhat odd, now my SONY tablet P, which only has 4gig internal storage, allows me to move apps to external storage. My Android phone also allows me to move apps to external sd. Not really sure why the limitation other than manufacturers just feel people don't need that functionality.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android