SD card stuck...

pbenson67

Oct 18, 2011
Unfortunately, after only a week and a half with my MID7022 I am afraid I have to send it into be fixed. I put the SD card in and it is completely stuck, there seems to be no way to get it to budge and it won't allow me to mount. Has anybody had any experience with something like this? Will Coby cover this under the warranty? I tried to read the warranty but I don't have a magnifying glass :p. Is there an online version I can actually read? Anybody have experience with Coby support regarding turn around time?

I will miss it while it is away.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You know you have to push it a little so the card will pop up, right? Did you try doing it with something non-metallic and in a way it won't damage the card or the tablet? You can also try using tweezers to pull it out (don't use too much force on it)...

About warranty, if you are in the USA, try their website:
Kyros™ Internet 7" Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet | COBY

pbenson67

Oct 18, 2011
You know you have to push it a little so the card will pop up, right? Did you try doing it with something non-metallic and in a way it won't damage the card or the tablet? You can also try using tweezers to pull it out (don't use too much force on it)...

About warranty, if you are in the USA, try their website:
Kyros™ Internet 7" Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet | COBY

Yes, I have experience with micro SD's so I know how they work. I have already tried your suggestions, the funny thing is the card seems like it went in too far. So far that I could get tweezers in there to try and get it out

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
Did someone insert it up side down? Otherwise maybe use a small screwdriver and make sure it is not getting stuck on the case.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

pbenson67

Oct 18, 2011
Just thought I would update this and let you know I was able to get it out with the used of two small paperclips. It appears I installed it slightly above the track for it. Anyway, back in business, now to root or not to root?

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Same problem with the sd card. I am able to get the card to mount and everything,but it does not pop out when I push it farther in. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Sent from my 7022

afonsolage

Oct 27, 2011
I had this trouble too, but after a trying to push it with a small object, it poped out. But I know you had tryed it already. try to get it out with a tweezers, but don't use much strengh.