SD card won't save

Rizz

Jun 26, 2011
I installed a 32 gig SD card and when I shoot video I can view the vid. and find it with
ES file explo. but when I shut down the tablet and re-boot all I can find is LOST.DIR
Anybody having this problem ?

Thanks, Rizz

Fuerte

Jun 27, 2011
I have this problem. All pictures and videos disappear from SD card on reboot.

Also another related problem, when I connect tablet to PC, I can't see the SD card, but only the internal memory. So it is not possible to copy anything from it or to it, unless you remove the card from the tablet. The card works fine when I connect it to PC using some reader.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Also another related problem, when I connect tablet to PC, I can't see the SD card, but only the internal memory. So it is not possible to copy anything from it or to it, unless you remove the card from the tablet. The card works fine when I connect it to PC using some reader.

This is a known problem in HC 3.0.1. It is supposed to get fixed in HC 3.1. The other problem you guys mention doesn't happen for me, but I have the first update that Acer sent out...though I don't remember this being a problem prior to getting that update.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I had read somewhere there is a fix by adding a file to the sdcard but I didn't want to risk trying it and losing my images and videos. I'll wait for the permanent fix.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I had read somewhere there is a fix by adding a file to the sdcard but I didn't want to risk trying it and losing my images and videos. I'll wait for the permanent fix.

That just sounds so wrong to me...i"ve been moving my cards between computers and reboots of the Acer, and none of the files are going missing. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't expect your problem to go away until you figure out what the real problem is. What card are you using?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
This is a known problem already acknowledged by Acer Tech support.

For now, get a file manager, and shoot your video on internal storage, and then Move to the SDCard and it will stay.
Its an inconvenience. Maybe it will be fixed in 3.1.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I have this problem. All pictures and videos disappear from SD card on reboot.

Why are you connecting your tablet to the PC in the first place? Apple habit?

Use a file manager like ES File Manager and do it over WiFi.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
That just sounds so wrong to me...i"ve been moving my cards between computers and reboots of the Acer, and none of the files are going missing. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't expect your problem to go away until you figure out what the real problem is. What card are you using?

This doesn't affect files you put there from your computer. Only camera shots.

Shoot a picture with the camera, after setting the camera to store on the MicroSD card (slider control in lower right hand corner of screen).

Then reboot tablet and your pictures will be gone.

Its a known bug. I talked to 2nd level tech support about it.
Its covered in this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m/16960-pictures-disappeared-external-sd.html

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011

Even Level 2 tech support did not know about the bug fix. Can you find out where you saw it?

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
This doesn't affect files you put there from your computer. Only camera shots.

Shoot a picture with the camera, after setting the camera to store on the MicroSD card (slider control in lower right hand corner of screen).

Then reboot tablet and your pictures will be gone.

Its a known bug. I talked to 2nd level tech support about it.
Its covered in this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m/16960-pictures-disappeared-external-sd.html

Thanks for the info.

lizz.zeevi

Jun 29, 2011
i called acer about it too cause i forgot to look here :eek: and they acknowledged it was a known issue and they are working on an app to fix it they suggest that i take out the card before shutdown just wish i hadnt lost my pics :(

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
i called acer about it too cause i forgot to look here :eek: and they acknowledged it was a known issue and they are working on an app to fix it they suggest that i take out the card before shutdown just wish i hadnt lost my pics :(

Wow they recommend that?
Can't say I think that is the greatest idea to hot-eject the microsd card.

Maybe someone with the 3.1 leaked release will test this and see if its fixed.

Rizz

Jun 26, 2011
Thanks for all the info. I think I will wait for the 3.1 update and see how it goes.

beastman

May 8, 2011
There is an apk called multi mount sdcard. It might solve the problem

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum