SD Use under GB & HC - Please carify

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
How large us the update download? How long does it take to initialize after it downloads?

Don't remember for sure, but it seems like it was less than 30 minutes to download and update. Biggest issue was it initially wouldn't recognize my wireless network after the update. Had to un-hide the SSID and everything was fine after that.

EDIT: Don't remember the size of the update. Others can hopefully fill that blank in.

Stringrazor

May 3, 2012
Great info, all, thanks. Let's summarize Vtab GB to HC issues/fixes/gotchas:

- /sdcard mount point fix allows app to be loaded on sd card
- bezel buttons lost (read somewhere that I can kill menu/status bar task to get full screen but since can't get back to home, will have to reboot)
- wireless connection lost? need broadcasted SSID and have to re-enter pw?
- browser Flash version issue?
- USB PC connection change, need <Win MP10, may need to delete existing vtab mass-storage driver in device mangler

My vtab came with the .57 build so I can't root anyway. Any additions/clarifications?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well, the Honeycomb update issues are inconsistent among users and for certain issues there are no work arounds.

Great info, all, thanks. Let's summarize Vtab GB to HC issues/fixes/gotchas:

- /sdcard mount point fix allows app to be loaded on sd card

There is now a sticky thread covering this.

- bezel buttons lost (read somewhere that I can kill menu/status bar task to get full screen but since can't get back to home, will have to reboot)

Yes, you can basically kill the task bar process for this but I don't recommend this as a everyday way for people to avoid the new task bar. The solution has been offered several times in different threads for those that want to try it.

- wireless connection lost? need broadcasted SSID and have to re-enter pw?

Inconsistent issues among users and wifi issues can be one of many solutions. Again there are several threads covering this with things to try.

- browser Flash version issue?

Not really an issue of version but Flash in general. There is now a sticky regarding Flash on the Vtab.

- USB PC connection change, need <Win MP10, may need to delete existing vtab mass-storage driver in device mangler

There is now a sticky for usb to PC connection.

Stringrazor

May 3, 2012
Was just looking for my sdcard under HC for the first time. This may be old new to some but may be helpful to someone looking at this threat for the first time.

Under GB, an sdcard was mounted at /sdcard/external. Under HC that folder is always empty and teh sdcard is mounted at /mnt/external_sdcard.

/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard points to internal user storage.